Prooftested on PTR : Reaper's new spread results in lower DPS even at close range

This is from the latest patch notes. At first glance it seems like it would result in a buff to Reaper’s damage, but people on the forums have been playtesting it and on average, * it now takes more shots to get a kill with Reaper, even in his effective range.

Imgur gallery of someone’s playtesting Reaper’s damage on the Practice Range. There’s clearly a difference.

Here are gifs of the time it take to kill a few bots on Live and on PTR. The difference is also clearly noticeable here (but it could be argued that this test is made outside of Reaper’s usual range, with damage falloff in effect).

From what I gather, the spread is now less random - but it resulted in you getting less chances of “good” shots. There are less instances of lucky shots, so when firing a full clip the overall damage is actually lower.

Link to original forum post if you want to participate to the discussion there.

Here is a bit more data from comments :

• i also tested this out after reading this thread. i killed 20 bots on ptr and live. It took 105 shots on live and 132 shots on ptr.
  • Tests were conducted aiming for headshots:

Live: 10m - 3.6 shots (4, 3, 3, 4, 4) PTR: 10m - 4.6 shots (4, 5, 5, 4, 5)

Live: 13m - 5.4 shots (6, 4, 6, 5, 6) PTR: 13m - 7.0 shots (7, 7, 7, 7, 7)