[PROOF] Projectile Ults blocked by Lag

So the ability is being put on cooldown, but not used?

This sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Not a bug, just connection. I have had it happen with Zarya bubbles and everything. I’ll go back and watch something frame by frame and see the ability go on cooldown.

It would be cool to get your ult or cooldown back, but usually that messed up timing gets you killed.

Projectile Ults BROKEN?!

Season 12 best ULT GUIDE 2018

1 Like

Well it’s not like the ultimates are broken.

It’s just that latency makes it very inconsistent sometimes.

I rather have no cast time on the ultimate mentioned before for this reason: instead of punishing the player by making him and the squad losing a fight, a bad use/positioning gets only punished

1 Like

This definitely is a bug.
Evasive abilities should turn around the favor of the shooter, according to the Overwatch network guys, so these should never get interrupted.

1 Like

And these words would be at the end of the 9:59 length video.

2 Likes

I only saw the date, so the Mei and projectile ultimates have issues

Thank you for linking this on my post. Really shined a light on my woes. It makes sense that latency could be the root of the issue. Especially because it was a Mei Ultimate that inspired me to post. Haha Thanks again!

1 Like

I had one today on Mcree, where i used his ult, clicked the fire button, shot 3 bullets to players all with skulls marked on their heads that were in the open, then got headshot by the widow I fired the first bullet at, and all 3 shots were done and gone yet none hit anything because I died after the animation.

I have seen a LOT of effects being countered in game lately due to this issue. It you watch the replay you will see on the opponents screen 90% of the time they never see the animation or stop it mid animation while on your screen it was done and gone well before.

1 Like

Damn, this is still around? I haven’t touched Overwatch for over a year and stopped playing because of this bug. It wouldn’t even be bad if your ult didn’t drain immediately, but we have Genji to thank for that.

It’s not really a bug. It’s latency.

But it does seem they are okay with this inconsistency. Otherwise have they addressed this a long time ago.