"promoted" to same rank after 7 wins

Placed in same rank after 7 wins.

I won my first 7 games with great stats (20+ elims/6500+ damage/ 9300+ healing) and was placed in bronze 3. Not sure how I was placed so low but that is not the issue.

Despite the horrendous teammates in bronze I climbed to silver and was placed silver 4. Since reaching silver 4, I have won 24 games. I have not lost 20 matches and have never been demoted a rank. Each “promotion” replaces me in silver 3. Is it possible to review my match history and adjust my rank accordingly?

Another issue, I have been deranked from endorsement level 3 to level 2 twice. The most recent derank came after a 4v5 win in which the only thing that I said in all chat was “gg”. Why am I being deranked?

38 Likes

This happened to me too. After my third time doing the placements again, it ended up boosting up.

4 Likes

My rank is also getting replaced by the same rank. After I got my rank placement from my 7 wins, it put me in bronze 5. I knew this had to be a bug because one of my friends I play with had more losses than me, and he placed bronze 1. In addition, I’ve had 2 Skill Tier and Division adjustments, from 7 wins each, in the past 48 hours since then, and it keeps replacing my bronze 5 ranks with bronze 5. Please Blizzard fix this issue because a lot of people are also still having the same problem. Blizzard could you also possibly review my match history and adjust my rank accordingly as well?

7 Likes

I keep being “promoted” when my rank is Silver 5 and I’m “promoting” to Bronze 1. They need to wipe this entire comp season and restart.

10 Likes

Got placed bronze 5 after going 7-2 in support placement games, saw that there was a bug fix that went out that would boost your rank due to misplacement. Won 7 games and lost probably 3 and ranked to Bronze 3. After winning 7 more i deranked to bronze 4, and then ranked back up to bronze 3, won 7 straight and “ranked up” to the exact same rank, bronze 3??? Very confused if my accounts bugged or what.

6 Likes

I just got through a set of 7 wins and went down a rank from Silver 2 to Silver 3. Felt bad.

4 Likes

Same problem. I lead the whole team to victory, being often the leader in damage and kills. I was calibrated to Bronze 5. Twice, after 7 wins, I was left at the same rank. I play on the “Tank” class, while having huge statistics of damage and kills.

1 Like

Same issue. Won 7 more games, good stats, still haven’t lost 20 total. Gold 5->Gold 5 on promotion. When is this going to be addressed? Not looking to queue competitive with no ability to promote.

6 Likes

ye me too, they really should sort out their things god dammit xD

1 Like

Just had this happen for the third time… Win 7 games, 2 losses, top stats as support every game, promoted from Silver 2 to Silver 2…

2 Likes

Same, hard stuck can’t increase my rank playing support.

4 Likes

guys, 7 wins IS NOT A PROMOTION, it doesn’t mean you’ll rank up.
7 wins or 20 losses just UPDATE YOUR PROFILE.
the SR system still works like before, +25 sr per win, -25 sr per loss.
if you lose more than win, you’ll not rank up.

3 Likes

my rank always go down and stuck i dont why so bad

1 Like

Same with me, stuck in B5 after 3 ‘promos’.

I can’t even play with my mates now since they don’t have this bug.

2 Likes

The ranking system in this game is extremely unfair. This is the biggest bug in the game right now. Relax and wait for updates. It’s not your fault, but the developer’s. I was able to get out of Bronze 5, but now I’m stuck in Bronze 2. 3 times I just had a liver in my team, for some reason I had to suffer because of this.

2 Likes

Same issue here, got placed as B4, climed to B1, then i got ‘‘promoted’’ to B3 and have had 3 placements after one another and it still turned into B3. Blizzard please fix this

3 Likes

Hello, after being placed in bronze 5, I noticed that despite having won the 7 games I do not move up in rank, which makes the game useless in competition. I have tried at least 5 times to move up the rank by collecting the 7 games and winning, but it never worked. Thank you for your understanding and for solving this problem as soon as possible.

Same issue, have gone through 14 wins (3 losses in total) and have promoted to the same rank twice.

So I was silver 3, ranked up to silver 2, then won 7 games and got deranged to silver 3 again? After reading this thread I’m happy to see it’s a bug, but to be honest grinding comp games to be “de-ranked” makes me not want to play the competitive playlist. I don’t enjoy quick play or arcade mode as there is nothing in the game to unlock that isn’t paid for after you’ve unlocked the Maine hero’s. Customs is alright…. Blizzard please fix your ranked system before I bin the game

1 Like

no seriously it just happened to me, got promoted to gold 4 and went 7-3 and got promoted to gold 4 again, i was hoping to get to atleast gold 3, threw me off so i just got off the game.