Projectile ultimates disappearing if you die is dumb

Can we all agree that the fact that projectile ults still disappearing if you die is really stupid and just feels wrong?

With ultimates like Genji, McCree and Roadhog I get it. Their ultimates are apart of them - so if they die - it makes sense that the ultimate disappears too, but with heros like Mei, Zarya and Tracer it feels awkward and just doesn’t make sense. Like, if you threw a grenade and died as you threw it out, the grenade would still be there. It wouldn’t magically disappear.

If Tracer has thrown out a pulse bomb , she’s thrown it out. It is no longer apart of her and therefore should not die alongside her.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who feels this way? It just feels so frustrating to build up your ultimate and even go as far as to use it - even see the object hit the ground or attach to the enemy just for the game to tell you that it didn’t…

11 Likes

100% agree. It makes no sense what so ever.

Lots of things in the game don’t. Hogs ult being hacked, and S76’s one not…

5 Likes

Exactly! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve hacked a Genji and gotten so annoyed because it doesn’t effect him and yet I can hack a Moira no problem…

3 Likes

Hog ult especially, I mean, it doesn’t look like it has the tech to be hacked in the first place.

3 Likes

Exactly. I wish blizzard would pick one way or the other… either be realistic and only be able to hack people with high-end tech or make her able to hack anyone out if their ults.

And I mean she can hack Orisa’s supercharger so she should theoretically be able to hack Mei’s ultimate too

Huh… TIL. I didn’t know that :slight_smile:

Personally, I love for her to be able to Hack Lucio and force him to play show tunes.

What I personally would like more than anything is if you could hack Zen’s transcendence… :disappointed_relieved: I mean he’s a bloody robot…

That’s really down to lag issues. Not a game mechanic issue. The problem is, the server sometimes accepts both or says you didn’t do it. While you locally threw whatever. You didn’t to the server. But your ult meter confirms you did. So the sever is saying you didn’t and did at the same time. Other abilities, the severs like: Roadhog hook will work when a Zarya personal bubble is on. At the same time. Neither his hook is canceled or bubble is refunded.

Try this. Have a friend use Ana and you play Zarya or Tracer. If you fire your ult the moment nano boost is applied. Your projectile will get erased. Same problem.

1 Like

This is actually caused by latency.

I recommend everyone to read this:

But yes, projectiles disappearing is annoying and it would be great if the developers could change that.

1 Like

It’s still extremely frustrating… But at least I now have a logical explanation for why it happens. Thanks for explaining it!

Unintended side effect of the blanket change they made to ultimates. They really messed up the feel of the game with that one.

Also goes to show how much lag effects the game and how much trickery they do to make it look like lag isn’t effecting everything at all times. It becomes really apparent when playing Tracer and the game constantly ignoring that you ever blinked.

But at least her ultimate use to work better before the change. You simply wouldn’t lose your ult charge if it happened.

How can the game server determine that I both died before I used my ult and say that I no longer have ult charge because I used my ult? That is unacceptable.

1 Like