Projectile through wall

Could I make Rein’s fire-strike go through walls? This this not a thing, right? I’m pretty sure it’s not but I just want to make sure. If it’s not that’d be a neat feature. Like a Disable/Enable projectile collision with environment. Thanks!

It could be possible, but from what I know i dont think it would be possible unless you make an effect of some sort that deals damage and can pierce and moves at his firestrikes mp/s

2 Likes

The only way indeed is by making an effect move with the same speed.

You can get the speed of his strike by firestriking an enemy, timing it with timers and the distance between you and the enemy.

You can then get the point on a wall you are looking at (ignore enemy or friendly barriers/shields). Then calculate the time it needs to reach that from the position the player is standing. If that time is done, make an effect that starts at the position at the wall going the same direction of the yaw of Reinhardt at the moment he pressed E.

Make that ball/effect move for like 1 minute till you are sure its so far out the map it can be removed. Add a damage tick for any enemy player that touched that effect/orb.

The code part is up to you, but its possible.

1 Like