Projectil Hitbox size's (width) table

Symmetry and zarya beam Was nerfed after the beam fix and sym hitbox beam was nerfed as well to 0.15 so they both have the same width now.

1 Like

Right, I knew they were changed but I wasn’t sure on the exact numbers.

1 Like

Basically, it’s easier to walk into hanzo’s arrow than genji’s shrikens despite their same size, because arrow is longer than takes more time to travel fully through the plane your head is moving in.

1 Like

Symmetra

Primary Fire

• Beam width lowered from 0.3 meters to 0.15
  • Beam DPS per level lowered from 65/130/195 to 60/120/180

Zarya

Primary Fire

• Beam width no longer scales with energy (from 0.1 to 0.2) and is now always 0.15.
  • Max Beam DPS lowered from 190 to 170

I just copy pste it coz i cant qoute this message on my phone.

To OP

You need to change your zarya and symmetra info coz it will mislead the readers.

1 Like

Also, it’s a long projectile, which gives more space for someone’s head to make contact with moving projectile.

you might want to change your Symmetry and Zarya’s info.
this is from august 2019 patch when they both got the beam width nerf.

Moira’s right-click doesn’t have a massive hit box. It has a dynamic hit box.
Smaller the target, more leeway it gives.
Bigger the target, less leeway it gives.

Do you have any proof of this?

syms beam was never 0,4 either, it was 0.3.
AND zaryas beam was 0.1 in min charge, and 0.2 at max.
lies are not cool.

If (and a few Friend) been now multiple times over the code and can’t find any mistakes as far as we can tell this test should put out the correct dmg diameter of the projectile.
If anyone can find a mistake please tell me I would be happy to fix it.
I also want to remind people that the dev team sometimes has weird/confusing ways to measure thing in the game (for example EMP casttime or Hanzos projectile speed) to support this here are to thing to note:

• If Zarya’s and Syms beam where the same width they should also be in this test even if there is a mistake
  • Both also give constant results of 0.4m(hit) 0.41m(don’t hit) / 0.3/0.31 like almost all others. Which seems like a bis much of a coincidence.

I will also try new things to visualise it later today.

I will add a note to the end of the post cauae changing them in the table would just be confusing together with the Clip.

These aren’t lies there results of a test that I can’t proove wrong if you can that would be helpfull (read the section above for the full explanation) also if we speak from the offical side your numbers are outdated.

1 Like

If thats the case then blizzard once again have been lying to our face, just like in the previous patch on initial symm 3.0 where they said symmetry max is 180 but in reality it was 195 all along! Took them 8 months to correct the mistake

Whats funny is so many symmetry mains have been creating threads about her max dmg being 180 compare to zarya with max 190 at the time. It means for 8 months they didnt even noticed? Bullcrap!

I dont know what to believe anymore tbh.
This is just pure incompetence and unprofessional in their part.

Mistake like that can happen there is alot going in when programming and people that have worked themselves into something alot of the time use diffrent typ’s of measurement that seem obvious to them.
Like we do not know what does 0.15 are are they Diameter or radius? Are they even meter or something else? That might be completely obvious for people working with it day in and day out but not for us.

And it could still be a mistake on my part

Not sure about this method, seems like some projectiles are so forgiving they need to be treated differently against shields/walls. Roadhog hook is around Moira levels of forgiving and that might be why so many players complain(ed) about walls breaking hooks.

This info doesnt tell us how long the projectile is

Hanzo’s arrow hitbox is not elongated. It’s just a ball that sits in the middle of visible arrow. Tip and and back end of the arrow hit nothing, it’s just for show.
This is the reason why some Hanzo shots look wonky in slow motion, since tip of the arrow appears to miss the target but it’s the middle that connects.

Projectils seem to act differently against walls but the dng infliction against shield and Heroes seem to be the same:

Cause I havent figured out a way to test them (I don’t think i can) if they even have a length or if its just a ball.
Programming a zylinder that acts like a Hanzo arrow is like 100x more painful then just making a ball at the tip

So we were right, Hanzo does shoot small trees.

There’s an old video of it, but the best way is to get a buddy and go into a custom game.

If you use her right-click on someone, look at the CROSSHAIR & the enemy.

Then compare how far away you’re allowed to go from a Hog, compared to Tracer.

Make sure you scale damage to 5% or lower so they don’t die.

—-
BTC has a video showing that she doesn’t have a lock on, as-well.

This is an excellent start, but comparing three dimensional objects with a dimension missing is very misleading

I don’t want to discourage what you are doing, it’s good to have actual numbers to work with when talking about heroes and their abilities

Please keel up your investigations and thank you for making this thread

Respect +

2 Likes

What about baby Dva blaster?

1 Like