Progress, non-existent

I’m listening. I’m not saying that I know any better. I want to know why it has become increasingly difficult, when the game isn’t even making fair match-ups itself to begin with. If the game was making matches according to the “true skill level” of everyone involved, the matchmaking wouldn’t even allow this to happen, especially when the game is collecting all of this information. If APM means all, then it should definitely be able to segregate the vast difference of players trying to learn and separate the rest into more formidable matches, where it doesn’t make learning improbable and increase the frustration of people actually trying to get better.

Because your are being paired against increasingly better players as you rise in SR.

But it is. Creating games with a predicted outcome of 50/50 is very fair. It will also help determine your skill relative to your peers as quickly as possible and place you in the appropriate SR range. Are there gonna be matches that are lopsided? Sure, no system is perfect. The majority of games, however, you will have a fair chance of winning.

The game is trying to but there is always gonna be dishonest players trying to game the system (smurfs or throwers). The amount of dishonest players, however, is extremely small compared to the honest ones, so stop trying to worry about smurfs so much and focus on your own gameplay and how to improve.

1 Like

I wish it didn’t matter, but even paired with teammates I personally know, I’m not getting much done… SR for me is being shot and losing more SR than the wins I am generating, and it’s not entirely my fault either. Being able to 1v4 on the opposing team doesn’t even come close to sounding fair for the rest of us actually trying to take improving seriously. And yes, yesterday, was pitting me at exactly a 50% winrate, doing more damage than good. I have tried taking everything into account by trying to adapt multiple playstyles with just 1 hero only to watch someone n the next match completely trample my team that I’m trying hard to be a part of. I did Quick Play, only to end up with an 80% winrate that couldn’t be carried with me into COMP. I don’t understand the huge difference of why I am able to do so much more in another mode and so lousy in the other. I can’t find any coaching either in game, so I’m just stuck with my odds. And does it make it fair, honestly, to be paired with a cohesive team for only one match only to be put against unfair odds after winning just 1 time? I’ve heard so many different answers in relation and none of have consistency. Ive even heard that it only gets more difficult for others sometimes after reaching a 65% winrate. How is that, that there are so many probable answers about this one topic, and not a single definite explanation about why?

I feel you. Even in my silver role era and plat open era. It’s so bad.

I mean my guy ranked is not meant to be a leveling system its a system there to keep you in balanced games. If you are winning 50% of your bronze games then that’s the level you play it. Why do you think you should play against better players if you cant consistently win games in bronze? Common sense

2 Likes

If you solo queue, you have no control over what teammates you get. In that case you must carry your whole team on your own.

If you cant carry that many players, you need to play as prebuilt group ie 6 player stack.

Obviously solo queueing is harder.

It is competitive environment, why you think you should be winning. Your enemies do their best to not let you win.