Profiles still Under Maintenance?

Was there an ETA on this? Anyone have any legitimate ideas why this hasn’t been resolved, yet?

1 Like

Probably season 2.

1 Like

Lol I hope not, I keep trying to stalk people I’m having a conversation with on the forums (often to understand and add context to their ranked perspectives, not to discredit their views), and like a fool, I keep clicking to see which heroes they play and where in the game.

Fool me 489 times, shame on me!!!

My prediction is that they’re going away because it costs blizzard money to maintain them. They’d rather spend it on improving gameplay features etc than user profiles.

I would not be surprised if blizzard made that announcement soon. This would cause some backlash as some people in the community love profiles

I don’t think that’s going to be the case. They wouldn’t have added in a scoreboard to the game if they were taking away stats. On top of that, I don’t think they would’ve bothered to redo the splash page if they had no intention of adding in online profiles. I think it’s just extremely low priority.

How exactly is that a big cost? It’s just a database with numbers. Probably one of the simplest parts of this game in terms of maintenance.

And yet…
:skull:

Console career profiles are still broke in game

1 Like

My profile on Console is still missing all of my Overwatch 1 stats.
It is a little annoying knowing that all of my games since OW2 launched won’t be counted.

1 Like

I dont have any current season stats. Im placed in every roll and have zero hours on all heros. Kind of annoying

1 Like

Yep.
I’m a Plat support with “0 hours played” on all supports lol

1 Like

I was googling earlier and even made a thread but couldnt find an answer. Do you know if they have acknowledged it or given an eta for a fix?

I haven’t seen anything but this company doesn’t really do ETAs on fixes.

1 Like

This thread happened but I don’t think they have mentioned it since. Not sure if it’s the exact issue we are having anyways since it seems even players without a PC account were getting the bug?

It sucks cause I’m not sure if any games I’m playing now will even be recorded.

1 Like

That says all your stats after Oct 18th are saved, if I read it correctly.

Yeah it does, but with how many issues there have been with this game I don’t necessarily trust their word, ha

1 Like

More than fair…

But I wouldn’t worry about data like that, especially if they say they have it recorded. They themselves need the data for their version of balancing, so they say they use it a lot. Past any of that, IT departments and employees in that sphere tend to backup and re-backup stuff like that when they know there’s an issue like this, OW2 was pushed out way sooner than it should have, it might’ve been properly ready in 2023 (but the OWL, as usual, had to ruin the game for everyone yet again).

So I wouldn’t worry about your data specifically, I just made this thread to complain that we can’t see profiles online at all and that’s pretty annoying for forum users.

Exactly what i was looking for thank you.