Problem with ranks

Hello, I am having a problem in the competition. There must be a problem with assigning rank every time you complete 5 games won. Since Overwatch 2 came out, I’m playing with a friend in queue per role, him as healer and me as tank. We have played 95% of all our games together, and he is ranking up very fast while I rank up very slowly and sometimes I don’t even rank up at all, it should be noted that our in-game performance is similar. In this last occasion, having played all the games together with my partner by winning all 5, I have remained at gold 4 without going up, and he has gone up 2 ranks of Diamond hit (look at the difference in rank that we already have for this very reason). For all this I think there must be some problem with my account or something because it does not seem normal to me, please, I hope you can review it and give me a solution, otherwise I will stop playing more, because I feel that no matter how hard I try it is useless.
Greetings.

1 Like

Same issue. This is getting so frustrating. I stopped playing for a large period on OW1 and came back excited for OW2. I placed Bronze 5 this season, play 100% of my games with my one friend, same win/loss ratio, I do better support than my teammates and the enemy team 90% of the time, and I’ve “ranked up” to Bronze 5 TWICE now! I never hit the amount of losses to decrease rank either! My friend I play with is in Silver now and started in Bronze 5 at the same time as me. He plays the other support character and sometimes damage. How is this fair? People say it’s been fixed and it’s a skill issue but I definitely don’t see how that is with my friend I play with, who does worse/equal to me in stats, being a higher skill tier than myself.

This is ridiculous and I seriously want to drop this game again. Combined with all the other character balancing in comp. it’s just not worth it.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment regarding players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.