Probably dumb ideas for Competitive

So this will probably sound dumb as hell but hear me out, what if you can opt to join competitive games to fill in for the missing person/persons for double the SR and comp points and if you lose you don’t get a SR loss or a lessoned SR loss. Next, maybe you can personally end the season early? Just have a cashout option for players so you can get your comp points from your rank and get locked out for the rest of the season so you don’t have to wait a month for a golden gun. Lastly come on there’s gotta be something more we can do with these comp points. Golden skins? Get like 6000 points and have a full gold hero skin? Maybe have 500 comp points and you get a skeeball token for Blizzard world? Idk.

Hmph. Maybe.

The double rewards seems a bit overdone, maybe 1.25 or 1.5x at the most. If it were double rewards, people would opt in constantly.

Now, in regards to the filling. It’d be hard. What if you have someone who opts in and only plays support, but the leaver was a tank. Or what if the leaver is a random dc and would join back in like 30 seconds.

Given that people already discuss and have some sort or communication built before the match starts, tossing someone else in there may not be super great. I like the idea, but I feel like it could go wrong.

If anything, ideally, we don’t lose sr if we have a leaver, however I know that’ll just get abused. It’s a hard balance to find.

1 Like