Private profiles do more harm than good

It is not flawed. There is well documented research into the effects of social pressure on human behavior. Human beings are social animals and will often respond to pressure, and even do things they don’t want to do. And regardless if they ultimately buckle to it or not, it can and does cause stress.

People who are playing off-meta heroes shouldn’t be forced to endure a neverending parade of stress or miss out constantly on vital information in the team chat just because a mass of people want to exert control over them. And refusing to acknowledge that as an actual pro to the private profiles isn’t debunking anything, it’s just showing that you are too biased to notice the pros and cons of both sides and that you didn’t actually go into the other thread with the intention of learning that information.

2 Likes

Regarding boosters, Blizzard has all that data about sudden SR climbs and don’t need amateur sleuhts reporting their usually baseless conjectures.

Also, if you pay 150 dollars to have your rank in a freaking videogame boosted, you are too stupid to live, that’s punishment enough as far as I am concerned, LOL.

Only people who have a problem with someone deciding to have a private profile do more harm.

1 Like

Your issues with smurfing have been addressed by Kaplan so just move along on that issue but in this post of his he addresses boosting but the funny thing is that he has also stated boosting using a smurfing account is fine but it’s the losing SR on purpose to then boost someone is wrong so it’s a little weird but either way here is his response to a post about it.

The only thing that is not good for me is that I can no longer check if one is boosting his/her teammates.