Priority Pass Updates

I just want passes to work consistently, It feels pointless to flex if it’s gonna be a 50/50 wether I get a 10 minute quickplay wait time or the pass it’s actually going to do it’s job.

1 Like

I feel like winning passes should also be reduced to 4-5 so they’re not free but these are definitely steps on the right direction

The goal of priority passes is to get DPS players to play tank. Not the other way around.
Also, why do you want to be rewarded for “flexing” if you like it so much?

Imagine flexing, you get to play tank. You do your best, but after 6 rounds, and a really close match you lose in OT. Now you not only lost SR, but also did not get any reward for flexing.

So next time, you probably won’t even bother.

Getting more tickets for a win is good, as it encourages players to do their best, but not giving any tickets for a loss will discourage a lot of players even trying.

10 Likes

Losing a match shouldn’t give you a pass to begin with.

2 Likes

WHOOOOOO! Finally, some compensation!

1 Like

1 pass for a loss. lol. You really don’t want anyone to ever play tank or to ever flex do you? You really want to keep those dps ques really long.

3 Likes

Why not?

Does priority requeue not take precedence over priority pass? I feel like PR is taking MUCH longer than they did before PP was introduced.

2 Likes

That just means i’m going to have to lose more games as Roadhog.
If you really want to incentivise people like me to play tank properly, dont give me a pass for losing at all. Make us fight for them.

Should be zero, but it’s a step in the right direction.

So then people will have infinite passes now? :rofl:

I haven’t played in a while but when I tried using my passes (in QP) I sat in queue for DPS so long I might as well have been queuing without one. I remember the timer saying something like 5 minutes and sat there for 20+ minutes before I gave up.

Before 2-2-2 I rarely played DPS because of the 4-6 DPS problem and I’m not a selfish player. After 2-2-2 I queue for DPS maybe once in a blue moon because the queue times are so long I can’t be bothered to wait. Maybe if Tanks and Supports would stop getting nerfed all the time more people would be willing to play them. Then maybe the queue for DPS wouldn’t be so overloaded. But you know that’s only a common sense thing many people in the community have brought up countless times.

2 Likes

I still can’t even cash mine in. Just no option to use them ever, even when I play during primetime. So what is being done about the entire currency being fiat nonsense?

1 Like

Does the priority queue system have impact on the matchmaking quality?

It seems like ever since the system was implemented, instead of having fun and exciting games with players in the 2800-4k+ range in quick play (myself being Master/GM depending on role) I now tend to have games involving even Bronze/Silver players sometimes, and Gold players very often, which tends to be really unfun for everyone involved.

This mostly seems to apply to the tank role from my experience. A lot of players placed way out of their league there for the purpose of faster matchmaking, with or without using priority queue myself.

To be fair, usually there is also some sort of matching player on the other team but playing in a game with over 2-2.5k range of SR is not really fun.

2 Likes

why dont you just do some fixes and fix the game, get people that left back.
plenty of times has been proven that influx in players (during events), queue times get significantly lower, the problem is people quit fast

2 Likes

Now let’s not get ahead of our selves, I’m pretty sure the introduction of priority pass has done almost the complete opposite match quality wise. It is getting players into matches faster, but to say that the overall player experience has improved is a bit of a reach.

3 Likes

Why the peacemeal change? Losses need to award 0 passes and it needed to happen yesterday.

This change will do very little to change the value of passes and nothing to improve match quality.

1 Like

très bonne nouvelle :slight_smile:

Same. The fact that you can stockpile so many is also a bit baffling to me. The numbers are the opposite of what common sense would dictate (to me at least).

1 Like

4/1 per W/L makes sense.
The refund mechanic also does make sense. Adding a expiring time to use those passes also would work. Locking the passes for the rank you obtained them in, even better.

What made you think it is okay to consume a priority pass to join an ongoing match? Why is that a thing??

1 Like