Primary Fire Not Holding

Game pauses, burst fires, or stops shooting/lasering entirely when using primary fire button on mouse.
I have tested this out with multiple mice, even got a new Logitech mouse which is in perfect condition and it still continues.
This bug does not happen when using web browser aiming games, or playing other games on steam. It only happens on Overwatch.
I can play roadhog and hitscan, but not heroes that require holding lmb, like hanzo, zarya, soldier 76, etc.
I will add information if I can give any more over the next few days.

• Bug has happened on a different mouse in both quick-play and competitive matchmaking. Recently, as the bug started happening again, it even happened in the training range and/or quickplay on an alternate account.

• Tried to ‘Scan & Repair’ game files, but Overwatch found nothing to repair.

• Uninstalled game from Disk Drive D: and reinstalled on SSD C:, didn’t help.

• All of my drivers are up to date.

• Tried multiple USB ports, including going from 3.0 to 2.0, and the problem persists.

• Good Network connection, 20-40 latency.

• Got the Logitech G703 mouse replaced at Best Buy and the issue is not showing up as of yet. May have been a mouse issue. Let’s see how long this new mouse will work until it stops working in Overwatch.

• For others with this issue, see this as the current solution unless updated in the future. It may not be what you want to hear, but you may need to replace your mouse, however new it may be.

Additional Details:

• Primarily happens when shooting at an enemy player, much less common when aiming at a wall or holding down on no target.

• Right Click, Shift, etc. all unaffected by this bug.

• After using a basic laptop mouse, testing 1 quickplay game, the issue did not seem to come up. The issue only happened with two gaming mice I have purchased, and only on this game. Might return my mouse and update more info later if problem continues.

2 Likes

Dude…this is literally the same shiet that happens to me but the annoying part is that this happens almost only on competitive play and its so annyoing I cant play a single dps hero without holding mouse properly man. Btw logitech g703 wireless mouse for me. My other wired mouse called g203 never happens at all, just this specific model for me.