Press play but game doesn't start

So I click the play button where nothing happens and the play button becomes clickable again. Pressing it again does the same thing. What should I do?

1 Like

Hello Manannan :wave:

Is your screen blacking out for a moment, then returning to the desktop? Or does the button just return to the “Play” state with nothing seemingly changing?

If it’s the former, and you’re also using Razer peripherals/software, then please be aware of this issue we’ve been seeing:

If you don’t have any Razer apps running, then there may be interference from overzealous security permissions, or other programs in the background messing with game processes.

Secondary Logon Service

That setting can interfere with the game accessing or updating its own config and cache files, so we want to make sure that restriction’s lifted.

After checking that setting, these steps will help to address if any programs in the background are stopping the game from launching:

Closing Background Applications

After rebooting into this mode, please retry running the Battle.net app and playing as you normally would.

Then if the game works correctly, you can refer back to the article for advanced steps on figuring out which program is interfering.

Best of luck in your adventures :slight_smile:

Exactly, it just changes to the play state with nothing happening. Selective startup didn’t work. I’d probably be about 6 hours older if I checked each box and restarted.

No need to re check each of them one by one if the selective startup/closing them off didn’t work. Since you’re still having trouble after this troubleshooting, please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post using the “Code” button (</>). This will give us some more information which we can use to dig deeper into this case.