Pre-show = 30K, now 10K

So, we can take in account that OWL will get about 20K views give or take
whereas the old games in season 1 would get about 40K-60K, so that means 2/3rds of people will most likely not watch season 2

And you still think this won’t be a problem going forward

the first game, will be popular because it’s the old finalist (Fusion/Spitfire) after that it’ll die out until the finals.

1 Like

More people will tune in to watch the actual matches, trust me. The past couple of days have just been a bit of fun to make sure the people running the show know what they’re doing. I reckon tomorrow will reach over 100k+ viewers, and then the day after will have a very high audience count because that’s when Dafran debuts.

6 Likes

I mean, even after a few matches, watching OWL was just watching mirror match teams fight over and over.

I’d rather watch games like the one that was on today (playful, fun, no fixed meta) than what is to be expected: GOATS simulator.

I’m just hoping, hoping so much that every game isn’t the same meta / same heroes over and over like last season. It was just so boring after like…4 games. Of course there are players and teams I like to watch, but i more than likely won’t be able to sit through GOATS that much. It’s just such a boring meta to watch.

I predict that after a week or two, the viewership will drop a lot.

3 Likes

Who cares, let overwatch die. Stop spamming the threads about how many viewers there are. What can the devs do? They can only do business as usually. Character is announced, the map goes live, then archives and same events after that.

1 Like

Quick question…
How exactly does one get more OwL tokens without having to buy them? Twitch streams? I kinda want some of the Toronto skins. LOL

Pretty easy prediction to make. The thing to ponder is what happens then?

2 Likes

Anthem, metro exodus, and most of other new games come out this week and next week.

I’m betting owl will lose viewers fast, besides the matches aren’t that different anyway, all the same comps and maps and such. Gets boring fast for a lot of people.

That’s my opinion, let’s see what happens

Assuming the rules are the same for 2018, 1 token for every map played with a small amount of randomly selected players winning 100 tokens, each match plays 4 to 5 maps. Up to 4 matches per day. This means you have to watch a maximum of 25 matches to turn around enough tokens to earn one skin.

More details can be found out in this thread:

^ Yep.

I love OWL, but have totally skipped this pre-season stuff. Will definitely be there tomorrow, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I watched the 1st day of nonsense because I like Jayne and Lemonkiwi, but skipped the other stuff because it didn’t matter.

The REAL stuff happens today and I’m super hyped.

2 Likes

Yesss! :smiley:

Actually had a convo with a friend earlier…

Them: “You gonna be ok tomorrow? I don’t mean to keep going on about the vacation, sorry. I know you don’t have plans for V-day and don’t want you to feel left out. I was single last year so I get it.”
Me: “Lol Who says I don’t have plans?”
Them: “Oh?”
Me: Sends pic of OWL start date schedule
Them: “… You [bleep]ing dork.”
Me: “SHIELDS UP SON! XD”

1 Like

“I’ll be HARD on V-day…#TexasHard!”

1 Like

I too enjoy counting my chickens before they hatch.

Can we please place all the eggs into the same basket?

/S

This forum is a gem…

1 Like

I don’t think most people are aware of the community countdown. Also I’m highly interested in watching the League, but I don’t care to watch these matches at all, haven’t even seen one. I think the viewer count is going to be pretty good, I don’t know if it’ll match last year’s numbers, but Blizzard is definitely hoping for an even bigger and better turnout this season.

They will probably use bots to inflate the viewer count