šŸ“› POTG discrimination? Where are the cool POTGs for excellent plays by tank players and epic rescues by support players?

Yes, the same mechanic works when Mercy ā€œstealā€ the POTG, you will get kill assist from your discord. But it does not change the situation in general most POTGs are given for killstreaks so they encourage certain gameplay and therefore favors the DPS players as they are dedicated to kill enemies while tanks and supports have other jobs to do.

1 Like

Sure, because Overwatch is a game purely about killing.

3 Likes

No it will not solve the general issue. The POTGs for kills give DPS players huge advantage on getting some because DPS only task is to kill enemies while tanks and supports main task is to keep others alive. So there should be role specific POTGs for tanks and supports because current POTGs are role specific for DPS and there will no be 33% equality between role POTGs in current system.

Well said

The moira that saved my life was the one that got POTG, same fight.

Does it count back when Sym was a support?

It was play. I just record the actual play instead of POTG.

1 Like

oh, so you mean more potgs shown at the end of the game?

This was suggested in the comments earlier but I donā€™t think that it will help to solve the issue if will be used with current POTG selection algorithm. We need POTG selection algorithm that would value DPS kill jobs and tank/support save jobs at the same rate picking the best one for POTG. Currently POTGs for pure tank/support jobs that will not involve kills are almost impossible.

Those are pretty nice POTGs but they still involve killing people. Moira POTG was not pure support you can see that she got kill in kill feed. Pure tank/support POTGs are important because otherwise DPS would get more POTGs just because they dedicated to kill enemies while tanks and supports have other jobs to do.

1 Like

Should be read more because this is important

1 Like

Usually if there is support POTG, it means that DPS were severely underperforming.

1 Like

Unfortunately many people donā€™t understand what I meant. It is hard for DPS players and even for some tank/support players to understand what POTG is when you receive it just for pressing Q. They think that we want tank and support POTGs for pressing Q too.

1 Like

I donā€™t watch POTG anymore.
I have already seen enough Genji, Junkrat and Dva Q of the Game, that I rather watch my menu screen.

2 Likes

The issue is the way the gauge the POTG is burst damage.

I donā€™t think they have the tech to build a legit POTG, It reads high damage, I donā€™t think it can read the real POTGs.

This is why i believe they should include dynamic POTG with duos and trio combos example: Ana nano Genji and the camera changes to him and he does the rest or something like that.

Dude if you go hard as tanks youā€™ll get potg, I get them all the timeā€¦ and Iā€™m not saying that to brag as I only play QP, but still, the game will reward you if it was a truly game changing play.

If thereā€™s someway other than youtube to post POTGā€™s here (anyone know?) Iā€™ll reply back and post some of mineā€¦ theyā€™re really not hard to come by.

Something like this:

Geoff: ā€œThereā€™s a plan to do what weā€™re calling Play of the Game 2.0,ā€ he said. ā€œItā€™s been on the books for a little while. Itā€™s just a matter of prioritizing everything. We have a lot of really cool ideas. We want to do a lot with the camera work. We have ideas for cooperative Play of the Games. Because what we have right now, is Zarya could ult, and then Genji gets the credit. And thatā€™s like, ā€˜Come on!ā€™ā€

ā€œSo we want to highlight the combo play itself, to show both,ā€ he added. ā€œThereā€™s some tricky things there, like how do we handle Play of the Game intros, and how do we decide who gets credit.ā€

Source:
Overwatch's Play Of The Game Feature Is Gonna Get An Overhaul

No thanks.
Iā€™m not trying to sound rude, but Iā€™m not interested in seeing POTGā€™s. And this thread is about talking about POTG discrimination and not to share POTGā€™s.

Also, you can upload your POTGā€™s on streamable.com. Itā€™s easier to share.

1 Like

Didnā€™t know they talked about it sounds great tho. Loved the part where he says that heroes would even interact between themselves with each team potg.

Yeah, but they talked about it 2 year ago.

I doubt we will get it any time soon. Heck, we might not even get it at all.

Iā€™m still proud of my 1v3 with Ana one day. I get it, D.Va pressed Shift and Q, but maybe a support getting a triple kill should be taken into account with the POTG algorithm.

I have seen numerous Lucio and Zen potgā€™s. You donā€™t get the 10 second ego lifting video for kills, but for points (which are rewarded from kills, but also from other stuff too)

1 Like

Fun fact:
Mercyā€™s POTG chances are tied to what a resurrected teammate does. So if a reaper got a triple kill after getting POTG, will Mercy get POTG.

If only Ana had a similar system.

But yes, the POTG system needs to look at support heroes different than DPSā€™ers.

Also now remembering it, didnā€™t everyone hate how mercy used to get potg for huge rez? Wasnā€™t that one of the factors as to why mercy was reworked?