Potential Teksavvy British Columbia Issue - LC-202 on PS4

Hey all,

Honestly the Looking Glass tests look just fine as well. We’re not seeing anything on our end indicating why the issue is localized to your area. Unfortunately with no information we in customer support probably won’t be able to assist the ISP in figuring out where the break down is, but they should be able to locate our network team’s contact information to work with them on the problem (I can’t share this on the forums, but the higher up techs usually have a list or know where to look.)

Apparently Jay__doh was able to create another battle.net account and log in. I am going to try as well shortly.

Making another account worked for jay__doh and I. Hopefully they can fix but at least you can play in the meantime if you do that.

That is bizarre, if creating a new account in game works then it may mean there’s something up with your battle.net level data, though why this type of LC-202 error is happening for a large number of TekSavvy customers is unknown to me at this time. If you unlink your main account from your connected accounts, does that change anything? If it works and you then relink the account, does it stay fixed?

How do you create new Battlenet account through PS4? When I tried reinstalling the game, it auto-log into my account and had no options to sign-out or use create a new account. Also assuming all progress of the game will be gone with new account??

I’m a PC player on TekSavvy Internet in BC and I’m able to log in, but I’m getting disconnected frequently. Is this possibly linked?

1 Like

It does not work… I tried it a few times.
I also tried creating a new account but I’m unsure how to do so without losing everything I’ve accumulated. And also unsure how to connect it to my existing PSN account. It goes back to my original account everytime.

Hey folks,

Do any of your PS4 accounts have some kind of Parental Controls associated with them? If it doesn’t work while unlinked from your battle.net connected accounts page, but a new account fixes it, it’s got to be something account data related - most likely at the PS4 level.

So I tried creating a new battlenet account and logging in. Didn’t work for me. LC-202 as usual. (I linked to only one account at a time).

@drakuloth, I did change the parental controls to allow everything, no restrictions. LC-202 is still an issue for me.

Sirfinkleton,

I’m pretty sure the other players are creating secondary overwatch accounts on PS4 rather than secondary battle.net accounts. We don’t expect you to lose all your progress and do that as a permanent fix, it’s more a diagnostic to help us figure out what’s actually causing it.

Have any of you contacted Sony about this to see if there’s anything going on with the PSN account? Looking at our in house graphs, plenty of people on your ISP are still connecting normally.

Yeah, I think at this point we can almost certainly rule out the ISP as being the cause of the issue. While playing under the new Sony ID and Battlenet ID - I get the occasional LC-202

I might get 1-3 during a play session whereas I never had one previously.

I have contacted Sony but I think Blizzard should work it out with them. I had to create a secondary Battlenet account AND a new Sony ID in order to play.

That said - I was able to connect to my old account after connecting to my phones mobile hotspot. I say connect because I got to the character select screen - I didn’t try gaming on that connection. I can’t do even that while connected on my old (main) account.

The other thing that people are saying is that they (myself included) are able to play other multiplayer games online without issue. Why would other games work fine on the same network but not Blizzard games?

It appears to me that authentication might be to blame and after deleting all things Overwatch from my PS4 the issue persists.

Just trying to clarify that point - “I’m pretty sure the other players are creating secondary overwatch accounts on PS4 rather than secondary battle.net accounts.” I had to create two new accounts to play on the same PS4pro console.

Cheers,

Hey guys
so changing my local account on my PS4 allowed me to play between a few minutes, up to about 30 mins. After that I would get LC-202. I’ve spoken with a Teksavvy Senior Technician and he indicates that possibly the block of IP’s assigned to my area could be banned by Overwatch.

My IP block is 69.172.190.xxx.

Perhaps we are all on the same public IP block. What IP do you guys have.
You can check my going by googling IP or going to whatismyip(dot)com

If that were the case, people wouldn’t be able to get in after creating new accounts, so that’s going to be another red herring unfortunately. (Your IP address doesn’t change due to creating a new account.) You’re also on different blocks, looks like. Here’s the information we have so far.

• Many players on your ISP are connecting to the game just fine through the PS4 network.
  • Creating new PS4 accounts and battle.net accounts works around it.
  • Reinstalling local game data does not work around it.
  • Clearing ps4/router caches does not work around it.
  • Using a secondary connection type may fix it? Can anybody else mobile tether like jaydon did in this post and connect/play on their main account?

If that works, it may implicate something being stored on the router/modem somehow. We may need to have you factory reset that or mess with the firewall.

Creating a new local account is not a great fix though. Like Jaydoh, I can probably play a couple of games before I have to restart my PS4 before I can get a connection again. And we do lose all progress that we’ve accumulated in the past, which is a bummer…
Now I did try what Jaydoh did, and connect through my data tethered from my phone, and like Jaydoh, I was able to login to the main page. But wouldn’t that and our semi-fix (because we are disconnected shortly after) with a second local/ps4 account further reinforce the theory of our IP block being banned or disconnected from overwatch servers?

As for the other players that are connecting with the same ISP, are they connecting fine in British Columbia specifically, or is it throughout Canada? From what I understood speaking with the Tech, our connection compared to Ontario (for example) cannot be compared because it’s completely different connections of sorts. That’s why I was wondering if our IP blocks were the same, hence possibly connecting this in an other way than just living in the same province.

Since the start of the issue I was recommended to switch routers and modems, which I have done. It did not fix the problem, so the ISP Tech and I did a hard reset on modem and router, updated and removed the firewall for testing. I even initialized the playstation and reinstalled the game just to see if it could have been a setting on the playstation I accidentally changed. No dice

1 Like

In the first 5 days I am pretty sure we have all tried everything we can do on our end including the very obvious resetting of the router/modem. I did that probably 10 times in various ways with various settings and static IPs and DMZs and etc. We figured out the work around on our own too. There is nothing more I can do from where I am. My guess is that we don’t have enough access (/knowledge {speaking for myself}) to the technical side of things to be able to fix this issue. Therefore we are totally screwed.

Question for Blizzard… Are you having an increase in connection issues related to the server we are all unable to connect to? Is this the same server that was DDOSd but actually NOT DDOSd? (saw Blizzard mod say so on forum) What really happened? Something fishy going on here. Are we like the Patient Zeros here. All that stuff happened shortly after we lost connection and as far as I know they don’t actually know what the problem was with that either.

1 Like

To add to Negativerushes post, we all lost connection at the same time on July 5th.

I also found this reddit community with the same issues. Maybe instead of having us be the middle man with the ISP, Blizzard techs should try to talk with TekSavvy Techs?

I wouldn’t be surprised if “Shaw” (ISP) customers were having the same issues. or beginning to have these issues in BC

3 Likes

I have gotten LC-202 twice in the last hour. Seems to be getting worse now on my alt as well… Was only QP but kind of annoying now because I grinded to lvl 25 to do placements and now that is too risky… First time I restarted PS4 and it worked this time I can’t get in.

I try every couple days and still the same. LAN, error. WiFi, error. Cell Phone Data: connects. New PS4 Profile: connects. I don’t want to play with the new profile and start from scratch, spent too many hours and loot boxes to get the stuff I wanted; not as much fun starting from “vanilla” profile.

2 Likes

Hey folks,

Just to give you all some more information, there’s a difference from getting LC-202 after getting disconnected, and getting LC-202 while being entirely unable to log into the game for several days. LC-202 is a generic error code which just means ‘you lost connection for some reason’. If you are just being disconnected, please follow standard connection troubleshooting, you probably are not affected by the issue we’re investigating here.

We’re gathering data and trying to figure out why exactly this is happening for some of your accounts and why it seems to be localized to this ISP. If we get anything to share I’ll get back to you all ASAP.