Potential Sombra compensation buffs

So since she did fall back into f-tier like predicted,
(surprise, surprise)
it is time to talk about compensation buffs to make her an actual balanced hero.
Besides fixing all her bugs not only hack related, but also the phantom throw and the weird camera rotate bug, here are some changes which should be looked at imo.

Note that i suggest that only some of these should be used, not all of them.

• Timer skull above hacked targets

Quality of life change which is only an UI change to make hacked targets more visible to allies and also gives them insight on how long the target is still hacked.

• Cloak and decloak animation of steath reduced from 0.7 seconds to 0.5 seconds

An attempt to reduce the clunkyness of her kit. Since she is shifted into a more aggressive role than before this shouldnt be out of question anymore.

• Let her animation cancel reload into hack

Again, she is now in a more aggressive role than before, this would help her to stay longer in a fight without being forced out immediatly once you run out of ammo.

• increase base movement speed to Tracer/Genji lvl

This helps her to chase down low health targets, which works well paired with her passive.

• Increased Ult charge for doing damage on hacked targets.

This simply increases her reward for being aggressive, without actually touching her weapon and making her more lethal.

• Increase sensitivity for hack

So highly mobile heroes actually have to brake los or go out of range to brake the hack rather than having it automatically brake with every blink, swift strike etc.

10 Likes

Just f.y.i. that’s not how balancing works. It’s not a tit-for-tat proposition.

Hacked targets dying should recharge hack, Genji-style. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m just taking Geoffs word for it.

3 Likes

I pretty significant buff I would like for her is to reload automatically when she translocates. Because translocation and not having ammo to fend off someone chasing you is not s good feeling lmao.

Just fix the LoS issue >.<

1 Like

I forgot she has a lower base movement speed compared to the other flankers. :o

2 Likes

Yes, Genji and Tracer are the only special cases to get increased movement speed by default.

1 Like

Get rid of the delays in her kit and make it possible to put translocator on cooldown

Yes, looking at her stealth delays would be a point I can likely see them adressing…

1 Like

I’d like to see them make translocator instant, so that you can continue whatever you were doing before it.
So you’re hacking a tracer who’s about to leave your los just move over to the translocator where you’ll finish the hack

I would just really like them to have another look at the LOS changes. I think it’s very reasonable to be upset seeing as Blizzard didn’t even think Sombra’s changes were worth putting on the PTR. I’m slowly losing my motivation to play my favourite hero because my Hack likes to just simply deactivate half-way through usage randomly. It’s honestly so frustrating.

I don’t think the forced cool-down nerf feels good either. It puts delays in her kit and makes her overall feel very clunky, same with the LOS changes.

Playing Sombra right now just feels like playing Overwatch on a harder difficulty. You could just pick another hero and get the same job done better and easier. Blizzard obviously rushed the nerfs - they feel absolutely horrible and make playing Sombra feel unrewarding, tedious and clunky. I want them to take another look.

1 Like

Sad reality is that Blizzard pretty much never reverts. Once something goes live it stays there. We can only bank on compensation buffs elsewhere and bug fixes at best.

1 Like

I really hope they change this (cast time going into and out of stealth), as this has always been one of my biggest problems with her. Her kit is just so clunky and unrewarding.

2 Likes

The LoS issue is just the code they use i’m sure. I’ve said in other threads and i’ll say it here. It’s obvious it’s the same check used on hogs hook. Which breaks on nothing in the open sometimes also. It’s not very good having something like this happen in a competitive environment.

Imagine needing to get a hack or hook off on a target in the open, nothing to stop it. But it breaks and this person then proceeds to ult wiping your team? I’ve had this before. It’s not a good feeling.

1 Like

Whats more sad that is that many Sombra mains on the forums that I saw, all were fine with her getting this change. Then Blizzard some how makes THAT change the biggest issue for Sombras now due to bugs. It’s hard to get players to agree to changes to their said hero, and I think it’s really sad that Sombra mains were fine with a LoS change, only to have it become what breaks her. Now the trust in the company to even make reasonable changes without hurting a hero is gone. People are not going to be more open to changes when the company proves they can mess up even sensible changes to hero breaking levels.

1 Like