Possible workaround for Watchpoint Pack

Hi all

Thought I would post what I done to get my Watchpoint working.
On the Xbox.

I was lucky enough that all my OW1 content and stats for ported over correctly. Just the Watchpoint contents didn’t activate properly.

From OW2 in-game shop, I clicked the season pass as if I was going to purchase it which brought me to the Xbox store front.
From there it confirmed that I had already bought the pack.
I clicked into the ‘manage’ section, then just backed all the way out to OW2 again.
After a brief few seconds, it unlocked the battle pass and gave me the 2000 coins.
Can also confirm the 2 legendary skins for Cassidy and Soldier 76.

This could all be a coincidence as I had also submitted a ticket earlier in the day.
They may have got it working, but it’s still ‘open’ as of this post.

Hopefully this works for some of you.
Just be careful and don’t repurchase it again!

9 Likes

This workaround appears to be working for many people. You can follow a similar process on PSN that should work. Not sure about Switch yet.

Thanks for checking and confirming.
Useful and good to know it’s working for PlayStation users as well.

Do you know if we can flag this higher so more people can get sight of it?

Ill give it a shot. Will update. Thats all im missing too.

Mine unlocked after buying coins from the store. So maybe I did the same as you without realising it. I still don’t have the 2k coins from the pack, but I have the BP, skins and icon.

Maybe if you follow the steps it might kickstart the game into believing you have the pack and then provide you with the coins and skins.

Again, just want to make sure that no-one is actually buying it again.
Can’t be having that.

Well, boosting is against terms of service. But as long as there’s an actual conversation on topic (like this one), the thread should continue to appear high in the feed. Hopefully this will allow people to find it and try the workaround.

Thanks for clarifying.

I’ve never actively used the forum so it’s good to know the outlines.

As you said, hopefully it gets a wee bit of traction and more people can check it out.
Main thing is that it hopefully works for people.

How do I do it on psn?

1 Like

Same way. Go to in game shop. Try to buy battle pass. It should take you to PSN store, which will tell you that you already own it. Which should force the game to recognize previous Watchpoint purchase. Don’t actually purchase anything!

Hopefully this should unlock everything. If not, hopefully Blizzard will have actual fix after fixing servers and dealing with DDOS.

3 Likes

But it doesn’t tell me I already own it, but yesterday before the game came out it did

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s a possible workaround, not a guaranteed one. It may not work for everyone. You might want to put in a support ticket with Blizzard, though it may be a while before they can respond.

Alright thanks for trying too help me

No problem. Hopefully we’ll see some progress in getting issues resolved over the next few days. And then we can get back to complaining about game balance. :smile:

Ikr :joy: let’s hope tho

Sorry to hear it didn’t work for you.
Might be worth trying again at a later time.

Yea hopefully man I just want this bp

Can you explain how cuz i am so confused and i did buy watch poin pack

Sadly not on my end it shows I ‘dont even own it’ but if I check from the games add-ons it’s there. Starting to get a bit irritating tbh.

Check the original post for the walk through. Warning, it may not work. People are starting to have mixed results. It’s working for some, but not others.