Possible Symmetra and Torb turret(s) changes?

Hey guys, I’m looking into making specific changes to Symmetra’s turrets but I don’t know if they’re possible effects in the Workshop to start with.

Are these effects possible?

• Making Symmetra turrets invincible
  • Placing 1 extra turret for a total of 4
  • Turret reaching immediate maximum damage from the start? (I think it’s progressive damage isn’t it? If so, I’d like to make the beam ‘maxed’ from the start when it fires)
  • Increasing the turrets’ beam maximum range?
  • (*As an extra, another effect I’d love is to make her teleporter permanent and/or increasing the maximum range of deployment / distance between each teleporter, if possible)

Now, also for Torb, looking for these effects:

• Placing 1 extra Turret
  • Increasing the firing rate of the Turret
  • Increasing the HP of the Turret
  • Making an explosion that would damage everything around it (including the player) if it gets destroyed (by either enemy damage or Torb ‘cancelling’ the Turret with the interact key)

If anyone of these effects are possible (or multiple effects are) please let me know, along with the script if you can and have time, please. I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks.

You cant edit pets in Workshop.

1 Like

Ok that’s… good to know.

Can you tell me how? I’d appreciate that.

Thanks.

What do you mean with how? The how and if is already answered.

1 Like

By “how” I mean how do I edit “pets”?

Torb’s Turret and Symmetra’s Turrets, that’s what we’re talking about yeah?

Ok so, where in the Workshop is the “pet” stuff? Is that a Rule? I added a Rule + Condition, I don’t see “Pet” anywhere in Conditions, I don’t see “Sentry” or “Turret” anywhere. Same in Actions on the right side panel, nothing there about Pets or Turrets.

I’d like to do things like:

• Adding Turrets for Symmetra, increasing their range, making them invincible, etc.
  • Or adding an extra Turret for Torb, or increasing the Turret’s range and firing rate, or hit points, etc.

I’m not that qualified with the Workshop coding / scripting. So when someone just tells me “You can edit pets in the Workshop” sure… I look in the Workshop and I take it word-for-word so I look for “Pets” in the Workshop… I don’t see anything about Pets in the Workshop. So that’s why I came back to reply asking how to do it. Because the ‘explanation’ wasn’t clear from the start.

I’m newb at this, so I simply need more details and guidance.

Thanks.

cant

1 Like

Oh Lord ok…

That was a brain fart. Well yes it answered my question lol. I apologize I just thought we could and took “cant” for “can” at first glance. Hopefully one day they’ll allow us to edit turrets and such in the workshop.

2 Likes

No worries, I did the same when first checking this post and seeing their answer. The most we can do right now is change damage dealt/received. Decreasing player damage dealt to 50% and increasing damage taken to 200% makes players do the same damage to each other, but half to turrets and objects, essentially doubling their health.