Possible solution for Smurfs

Hey Wyoming. He’s asking if Boosters will be punished or if the boosted accounts will be removed?

If you are not at liberty to provide an answer, I’d understand though raise an eyebrow.

1 Like

According to what they have said publicly in the past, they apparently do. Of course how they go about it is unknown to the public (including me).

Apologies, you do mean remove the account?

Youre making assumptions without evidence dude. I’ve got a a GM account that I have touched in 6 months, have I sold it?

Solution is quit OW like alot of us

1 Like

That’s what I am saying. Also, playing overwatch is not your job.

1 Like

Yet you still comment like you still play

1 Like
  1. that’s another assumption based on literally nothing
  2. what difference does it make if it is or is not my job?

Oh yeah because I comment like I play :sweat_smile::rofl:
Am I the one ranting endlessly? I gave you the harsh truth, but please live in denial thinking OW will improve

Maybe because it takes away about half of my net SR via +22/-25 SR per win/loss avg despite a 60% win ratio over 100 games, which makes the game grindy, which sucks the joy out of ranked experience.

1 Like

Of course, i never said it wasn’t but it’s a reasonable assumption based on the available information that i have and the context we are in.

Profit orientation obviously.

1 Like

Blizzard doesnt care about lower ranks if they did they would IP & console ban smurfs & de-rankers

The system is intended to reward over performimg and punish underperforming players.

Yeah, sucks for you but not the fault of the system. It’s just intended to slow down players like you. There is an easy fix though, of course this would require effort.

2 Likes

you stated it as if it were fact.

money is money. just because its not my job doesn’t mean I wouldn’t take the opportunity to make money. playing overwatch for a living has literally no impact on whether or not someone would sell their alt.
im not a guitar teacher but I have taught guitar because the opportunity to make 25 was there.

When your financial situation is unstable and dependent on viewers, donations, and subs of a particular month, i would assume one is more likely to sell these accounts that you grinded to GM for content, than when you just do it for fun in your spare time with a stable job that secures your life financially.

1 Like

im a musician. you want to talk about financial stability, my entire career has been a mess since the rona came along. i have just as much a reason to sell my alt account, that doesnt mean you can just assume that people do sell them though.

Slow down players like me who win more games than the average player? Yeah ooook. Even you have a win ratio of only 55% over 50 games this season, so does that mean that last season I got more wins than you by underperforming? Because if I was underperforming at 60% I can’t imagine how much you underperform with 55%

2 Likes

Well, you are not the norm then. And whether I assume that he sells them or not is besides the point anyway. My opinion is irrelevant. I was asking whether blizzard have the means to identify and take actions against these people.

You are underperforming on an individual level. The system works as intended and you are the walking proof for that.

Pbsr has nothing to do with your W/L ratio, it looks at your individual stats of each game. The fact that you consistently lose more and win less over the course of 100 games heavily suggests that there must be something wrong with your gameplay.

Not how it works.

2 Likes

This is circular reasoning. You can’t defend the system by saying that “the system works as intended, because you are where you belong, therefore it works”…

2 Likes

its literally the entire point dude. you’re claiming people that do unranked to gms sell their accounts.

you were asking based on a baseless assumption; which may I remind you, is what I called you out on.