🧨 Possible February Hero Release? (Busted)

So lets say the ptr is released with the Anubis Map Head Changed (At it is a 1st “hint”?) (Early Hero Release Possiblity))

to review: đź›° Can we please get clarification what the hidden Anubis Head is?

PTR was release on the 7th

Avg PTR time is usually 3 weeks

So the “Hint” would be released = 28th of Jan.

Compared to Last year Hero 27 (Brig) was first hinted (Operation White Dome) Feb 22, 2018

Now if we check what we were doing in Late January of Last year, it was the release of Blizzard World: Reddit - Dive into anything

But this year, we didn’t get a map to test on the ptr (So we can rule out a new map this month.)

So if we are getting an early hero hint… does that mean we are get a hero in February.

It’s 50% Possible (Pretty high % from me)

We really do need more heroes this year.

(But if you been paying attention to the forums, which I know is hard, you have likely heard this already. Since there is a rumor going around since November that 4-5 Heroes might be coming out this year because of Balance reasons.) If you want to listen to BTC on that:

5 Likes

I’d say more in march; the model for the hero was finished and shown on Monday, according to jeff, and because the model would probably take either half a month or a whole month for the model to have that blizzard shine and also to be debugged for any huge noticeable bugs it could have.

1 Like

what model? For hero 30?

The trend so far (if you can call it one) is March 20th and 21st, so I assume since other trends look similar (look at November release dates) that we’ll see a late March release.

1 Like

Just saying it’s possible but won’t know for sure unless we see another hint at the End of the month or the start of next month

2 Likes

Absolutely. :slight_smile:

I’m not trying to say it won’t happen, because I simply don’t know. But when I start thinking about the hero release dates and personal predictions, I checked the release dates of new heroes and saw a trend. But that doesn’t mean Blizzard won’t break that trend and do something different. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And we Definitely need something different

1 Like

Yes, the model is ready as Jeff said so on Fran’s stream on Tuesday

1 Like

Ironically it was around the same time the head was “leaked”

Coincidence Maybe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As you said, Brig came out last year Feb 22nd. That’s when we’ll get hero 30.

We’ll get hero 31 in July and 32 in November.

Ahh Missed the stream :open_mouth: Interesting! Thank you!

Or one may, one in September and one on Christmas Day

1 Like

Why would that happen? Unless they go with a 4 hero per year schedule, it won’t change.

i just hope the Hero has something to do whit the Head on Anubis i really would love if the Hero is an Omnic / Cyborg Tank made of some of the Omnic Parts from the Anubis Map and that he maybe will have 4 Arms xDD

And yeah i hope they finally break the Trend and we maybe will see more than 3 Heroes in a Year

2 Likes

Your right I forgot about Blizz con… well who knows how it will really work if they do go for 4-5 heroes this year

Wait… isn’t there a con in September?

1 Like

That head is pretty disturbing imo… Not creepy, but something about it just makes me uncomfortable. The only Anubis hero I want is the Anubis statue itself.

Thats kinda how I imagine this hero: the head is just the some useful scrap metal but the real hero is back on the Anubis map or where ever. (he is just an AI)

Aka think Ultron, where he was more then one person.

I’ve been wondering the same thing! Although I find the new Anubis head dubious…

1 Like

I think if the next hero will coming early then theres a possibility for him/her to be a character in Archives as a playable or someone who has a big role in the mission.

1 Like

You have to think Ultron to think of Anubis.

1 Like