Possible compatibility issue with iCUE (corsair) with latest patch?

I’ve been using a Corsair Scimitar Pro for about 2-3 months now with issues until just last patch. It seems that Overwatch causes the corsair utility engine to crash specifically when entering matches. I have to reopen the program to be able to use my side buttons at least momentarily before the program crashes again mid-match. I’ve done a reinstall of the iCUE software and made sure it was updated to the lastest patch. Also did a scan/repair on Overwatch to see if it helped, but to no avail.

I’ve tested to see whether it was just the iCUE by trying it out with other games, but the issue seems to arise only when entering a match in OW.

P.S. as a side note would like to mention i can no longer maintain above 60 frames with the settings i’ve been running since release. these last few months have absolutely tanked my in-match fps. Each patch has been causing more and more frame drops.

Edit: going to submit a ticket to corsair about the issue as well.

gtx 970
3.2ghz cpu
windows 10

While I can’t comment on the mouse compatibility… curious about your FPS issue. Are you using Gsync/Freesync?

no, sorry, i’m not. i had turned off v-sync a while back and don’t use either of those.

Try checking out this thread for the mouse issue: Overwatch Forums

As for the frames, try updating your nVidia drivers.

ahh thanks for the help but the issue im having isnt with mapping the buttons, as i said everything was working fine for about a month or two. its that the utility engine crashes on match start up. also i always keep my drivers up to date. so that’s definitely not the issue. i keep windows updated as well.

I do see other threads mentioning a compatibility issue for iCUE, so it might be worth searching for and chiming in on those.

i shall. thanks. i’ll be trying another reinstall to see if it helps.

Interesting post. I just had a software update for iCue for my headset and now my FPS in OW will drop to 20 randomly.

If anyone finds this thread. Corsair recommended a rollback to an older, more stable version.

i couldnt post this earlier because of limitations to the reply system but i hope this helps guys. they also said to wait for some later updates to iCUE that may prove more stable. good luck