Poor Widow... This is gonna suck

These sort of nerfs absolutely suck for sniper players.

A large part of being an effective sniper is knowing exactly when your weapon will deal 200 damage on a headshot.

Basically this nerf will destroy the muscle memory for a lot of Widow players, it is also a big nerf in its own right.

Hook nerf and now charge rate nerf. Pretty sure Widow is going back to 2016 status but don’t worry I think Hanzo will be joining you too soon.

9 Likes

The only reason Widow was bad in 2016 was because the meta was dive so the 2 best tanks against Widow AND the 2 best DPS against Widow were the meta and if you are playable into that then you are overpowered in EVERY other scenario.

9 Likes

I never felt this feeling before… is it joy? :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Literally nothing changes. Widowmaker can kill 200 hp heroes at 63% charge. You can shoot at the exact same time as before.

5 Likes

Lol, that is not how it works!!

3 Likes

It is literally how it works. Widowmaker does 300 damage at max charge. She does 200 damage at 63% charge. She doesn’t kill 200 hp heroes any slower with the new time. You just fire at 70% charge or something instead of 100%, like a lot of people do already.

1 Like

A few months later

Widow would be still the same.

4 Likes

It’s always the one-shotters overreacting the most to puny non-nerfs.

First Doomfist mains, now you.

Whatever, this’ll probably get reverted anyway like his were. An actual DPS nerf since junkrat? That’ll be the day.

17 Likes

Good, dps heros deserve to be nerfed after the onslaught on support and tank.

3 Likes

No that is still not how it works…

It will still be 63% charge for her to 1-shot 200hp heroes but it will take longer for her to reach 63% charge as the charge rate has been decreased.

Basically all the muscle memory that Widow players have built, knowing exactly when there shot will deal 200 damage on a headshot will be lost.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be funny if your post about instant kills pushed them to make the change?

1 Like

It’s not lost because the new 63% time is roughly the same as the old 100% time.

You can fire IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME.

1 Like

This happens to literally every character when the get changed.

2 Likes

oh man you’re only going to be able to instantly remove another player from the game from infinite distance once every ~.66 seconds instead of ~.5s?

My condolences. I’ll be sending your family flowers.

3 Likes

I don’t even play Widow but it’s people like you that want heroes you don’t like literally nerfed into oblivion or removed.

Right, sure.

I am guessing all the nerfs Hanzo and Doomfist have also receieved are “puny non-nerfs”.

1 Like

This nerf does no where near that, Widow players will be fine.

1 Like

Actually there was no dive in 2016, unless you count the really early stages which ended up getting shafted by bayblade and triple tank. Dive didn’t blow up till mid 2017.

Widow wasn’t picked much back then because high skill heroes didn’t have the amount of hours played on them as they do now for people to perfect their kit. It’s a big part of why widow ended up becoming a part of dive later on in 2018.

https://i.redd.it/ln0mmvzbolh31.png

1 Like

Yer I agree with that.

But if this is considered a non-nerf, what they would actually consider as a nerf would probably put Widow straight to f-tier, which they probably want to happen anyway.

That is true, this is a nerf. If this was a non nerf, I would be scared to see a real nerf, let alone a heavy nerf

I never made secret I want one-shotters gone. And why not? The DPS mafia gets their way every patch when it comes to removing tanks/supports, and this tiny twitch of a table the other way and ya’ll crying uncle.

DPS mains don’t know what a meaningful nerf is.

And yes.

Well yeah, those were puny non-nerfs. Lol They only matter to overreacting mains carried by their flavor of braindead one-shotter.

How about you look at the “DeleteBrig” mafia that STILL can’t go away and still is catered to every patch?