Political topics should banned on the forums

It’s just… impossible.

Something so divisive, actually banning the darn thing might make the forums explode.

I agree, any time these arguments occur on the forums, they get no where. I mean, let’s be honest, no one’s going to let their minds be changed on an internet forum.

The megathread is the only plausible solution, but it would be an absolute cesspool, not any better than those threads I suppose however.

How is this any different from the very vitriolic and apparently 404d topic “should LGBT discussion be banned here?”? You broadened your scope so you wouldn’t seem like you’re specifically targeting LGBT people, but it’s pretty easy to read between the lines.

8 Likes

Your mental gymnastics all over this forum have been very interesting to read. Almost as interesting as they are hilariously silly, Darth my boy.

Even if they shouldn’t be banned…the politics of a hero/heroes…still doesn’t belong on this board. STORY STORY STORY.

Defining politics is itself a political question.

Establishing the boundaries and keeping them updated causes more trouble than what we have now.

It doesn’t become that way suddenly, it happens like that over time because people defend their points, then people attack those points, then they defend, and so on and so on. Banning a bunch of users who never intended for that to happen isn’t practical, and simply assuming that they intended to isn’t fair. Balance discussions can be like this as well, but they stick to the game at the very least.

Being gay or trans is not a political position

3 Likes

Banning a whole topic that isn’t wrong to talk about or against the rules is less piratical than banning toxic people

Sexuality, favorite movie, who they voted for all that nonsense including LGB, is story.

This is
uʍop ƃuᴉoƃ

1 Like

Does that mean we can’t compare Mei with Trump anymore?

Of course not, he wants to build a political wall.

1 Like

Take off your tinfoil cap, good sir. I meant politics in general (though I may have not made it obvious the first time). This time I’m just being a lot more in depth so I don’t get false flaged

While Mei wants to build a troll wall? Amiright?

2 Likes

Were you there, henny? Wasn’t it even by the same person?

:woman_shrugging:

It’s also highly unrealistic to even ask this of Blizzard because it will never happen; Blizzard will take a firestorm of criticism. Knowing this takes only common sense, and thus this topic can, as far as I can see, be made to inflame people.

:thinking: Were you the one who made the topic I’m talking about though?

1 Like

The impracticality comes in the scale of it. Those threads consist of a lot of people most of the time, and it’s a lot better long run to crack down on the rules rather than banning everyone

Agreed get the politics out of the past time. People go to video games to escape reality not super impose reality into them or just give those posts their own forum to be put into.

1 Like

But the sad thing is, people make their position their identity. So that’s all they know. They need actual help :frowning:

Balance debates gets more toxic, gotta shut those down as well I guess huh

Because that topic, which is fine to talk about completely, isn’t against the rules, and is important to many people, has toxic people in it, so that topic is a no no.

Sorry, it’s not impractical to ban toxic people. There will always be toxic people, but that doesn’t mean we can’t talk about topics because of it.

2 Likes

Very very few times I’ve seen people actually “defend their points” in the way you are claiming they do. They just shout “GET YOUR POLITICS OUT OF MY GAME”, without defining explicitly why it’s political, and I sincerely doubt they aren’t looking for this uncomfortable topic for them to be shut down in order to hold the same argument as you, “this is too controversial for the forums”. But I don’t think they should be banned, that will gain us nothing. Maybe some day they will understand they don’t have to click on a topic they don’t like.

Also, please be a dear and define “Gender politics” for me please? I think you should add that definition to the OP, so we can all have this discussion on an even footing.

3 Likes