PNG has doubled

Ever since the last update, my PNG has doubled and this has costed me several games. It is not my computer or wifi because every other game that I play is perfectly fine. Please fix this.

Noticed the doubling after the most recent update. I guess I am luckier though because mine is normally about 10 to begin with.

But it’s worrying.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/replacing-ping-and-rtt-with-latency/38371/17

VERY IMPORTANT, please note that Overwatch no longer measures connection speed in ping rate, but in a combined Ping and RTT value now called Latency. So the new Latency value will be somewhat higher than what you remember your ping rate was, but it is still the same connection speed. Please see this post for details:

However. these troubleshooting steps may help with any problems that your equipment has, so be sure to check that first:

However, if you have gone through all basic and advanced troubleshooting steps and nothing is turning up helpful, you may need to investigate to see if there is a problem between you and the game server. A connection test such as a WinMTR test can be helpful to measure latency issues:

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~