Please we need a new matchmaker

You are not expected to carry lower ranked players just because you play well.

Every one of us is expected to carry our games if we want to climb. Your performance is not related to quality of your team mates.

Funny fact about glimbing up ranks it’s not ” them ”, it’s ” you ”…

2 Likes

Psst Group up

2 Likes

make space for your team so dps can kill stuff :wink:

I agree we need to change the matchmaker. However situation you described is ok in my mind IF the enemy team tank is in the same rank with you.

What IS NOT OK is to have diamond dps in one team (all others plat) and diamond support in the other (all others plat) => match roles similarly/mirroring

Include time factor please in your equation because repeating half truths (even if your soulmates will do it nonetheless) doesn’t help anybody.

So let me rephrase your statement: Your performance (and the only measurable thing for performance is mmr or sr) is not related to quality of your team mates in the long run. Because we have a state of the art quality mm that “long run” is veeewy long.

Right? :slight_smile:

We dont need new maybe we need better.

1 Like

Heh. That is how I feel as a dps. Trying to carry tanks and dps healers.

My point was that you as individual and you outperforming your current rank doesnt mean that you will get better or worse team mates. You are just one number for matchmaker to fill average team MMR vs second team. Many players say that you will get worse team mates when you play too good. Thats not the case. It is random.

the fact that you are plat border hardstuck on a particular rank should already
suggest to you that you do not belong to a higher rank right…

“Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.”

Mhmm the fact that you post on account that has hidden profile and comment on others rank is funny at best and hypocritical at worst.

Except it’s far easier for him to carry than it is for you. You can carry bad dps you can’t carry bad tanks.

Not entirely related, but now I’m curious what the percentiles of each rank are by role if they’re different at all. With there being plenty of damage to go around with only a handful of tank/support I’d be curious to know what their comparative percentiles look like.

Tank matchmaking puts you in matches that have larger SR ranges. It’s not the matchmaker’s fault per se, it’s just that there’s not enough Tank players to go around.

1 Like

More reasons to have better matchmaking, don’t you think?

Mercer’s current matchmaker is garbage. It drives the buying of new accounts which is what Hacktivision wants anyway. I really hope they bettered the coding in OW2 as they claimed to have or else it’ll be the same crap just a different day.

1 Like

Only bigger player base and players playing on main accounts will make matchmaking better. Matchmaking on it self is pretty good.

2 Likes

thank you I 100% appreciate you dispensing justice and wisdom to the world and I promise Igaf about who you are and what you say

I mean to be fair they used essentially your exact argument against you. Any rebuttle you have against them is a rebuttle against yourself. Realize that if you don’t care that they said X, that nobody cares that you said X first.

Np dude, glad to help. You know, some people just lack introspection and need to be schooled about certain things. :grinning: