Please tell me Symmetra buffs are next

I’m not sure where they are with buffs but they should definitely make the Teleporter animation more fluid. That and a visual indicator of it’s duration.

Needed to make her OP, she’s already powerful, could use a health buff to help her just do her base job, but:
Still FAR too many games of people going ‘ur, swap sym, she’s bad’ as I carry them to victory.
Or worse, 3rd-picking dps at the cost of healing because they think Symmetra is bad.
Or, worse, both of the above, plus the enemy team saying ‘urg, nerf Sym, she’s so oppressive and op’.

I agree, primary fire feels fine to me now… maybe less time for it to decrease again? but idk it feels pretty solid… I just want a tp buff :sob:

3 Likes

Personally, I just want symmetra to have more health so she can be survivable. A lot of the time I’m dead just before I finish someone off, especially against tanks, it’s a real shame because she can do crazy damage. She just can’t live enough to do crazy damage a lot of the time unless her teammates back her up.

2 Likes

To be honest, i think Wrecking Ball needs buffs before Sym. But for Sym buff, i think maybe a Hp incerase to 125/125 could help.

Before the rework she had 5% higher win rate so

1 Like

Best sym thing I think I have done: 🧞‍♀ Judging Sym Rework Primary fire and how it was a complete lie and Photon Barrier Suggestion

2 Likes

Faster TP is the last thing she needs, that would lead to too much cheese potential.

Her winrate in comp is 55.18% (Highest winrate behind brig & torb). The reason her pickrate’s lower then 1% is because a lot of symm mains haven’t adapted yet

but, looks like we’re getting a symm buff, all because of complaining on the forums!

No, Sym is fine. She’ll always be a niche and awkward hero who doesn’t fit in the game.

Bastion is truly the only hero who needs to be looked at.

1 Like

saddens me no one thinks this is a good idea

To an extent yes I can agree to this. Opinions maybe different, but when it’s obvious to the point posters want to ignore facts even when the developer knows the situation is bad. It’s clearly they’re trolling and their information to back themselves up is very limited.

Jeff is having second thoughts about the Sym rework and the statistics aren’t showing which is why it’s becoming a problem.

Just like other heroes who needs buff too. If the statistics aren’t showing overall on a positive scale. There’s a problem.

It’s been almost 2 seasons and by now a lot players been adapted. The meme is dead at this point for the fact only a few Sym mains have made it to GM status, but even they don’t approve of her kit. Sombra who is an F tier has more representation at GM status than Sym.

Bastion problem relies on the developers to giving him back his shield. He doesn’t need too much of a fix. The game has advance so far from that time during beta so it’s only fair he gets his original concept back.

5 Likes

The turrets are more annoying to deal with but sym is pretty much always an easy first or quick pick

Sym mains had their character removed and moved on. The new sym certainly isn’t pulling in any new fans

1 Like

I liked Sym 2.0 and vehemently argued against all of the posts asking for her to be changed. She was viable not just in defense, but in attack and control as well.

Sym 3.0 needs help, but I don’t think it’s her primary. I’ll take the primary not locking on targets like 2.0 in exchange for it building charge on shields and Mei wall. What would make her better is to give her back her old Photon Projector so she has some survival chance, to make her secondary Sym Balls go through shields like 2.0 to help with chokes and the current GOATS meta, and replace the trash 3.0 ult with her old Shield Generator.

2 Likes

Speed/velocity

That’s what Symmetra needs. She has no abilities that can be used on reaction.

Primary
Beam is the only immediate ability but at 60 DPS your not going to be doing anything significant. But since it has damage potential and it recently got sped up, you can’t do much to improve it.

Orb
1 second to do significant damage and then the atrocious velocity as it travels. Many will compare it to Pharah’s rockets and argue it’s balanced because of the hitbox but Pharah can output more damage with smaller hit boxes due to Rate of fire and velocity allowing quick corrections for missed shots. Symmetra has to predict much more than other heroes as she currently has the slowest traveling Projectile in the game.

Turrets
Do I really need to explain how long and commited you have to be with these in order for them to have impact? Turret bomb is a high risk-low reward and if you want to use them for your personal defense for a suprise attack, they will likely be shot down before they latch on by players in high skill settings.

Teleporter
“Just predict when to use it for escape.” Would be a good argument if the structure was a permanent building. But with a 10 second active time before self-destructing and a 2 second start up before it can be used, you need to be able to REALLLY predict the future and the planned behavior of 6 enemy, adapting humans.

Ultimate
It’s quick but still has a start up. If you can reposition the barrier after casting, then this would be okay. I would say speeding up the casting animation to allow it to be more reactive but for some reason, a readily available barrier is somehow OP.

4 Likes

Personally i think a large portion of her kit needs sorted, her entire kit is clunky is is literally reliant on you predicting the future. She has no survivalbility what so ever, they took away the two mechanisms that gave her it. Her kit now isn’t good in my opinion, simple ‘tweaks’ like the buff to the primary are good but aren’t good enough. They’re happening at such a slow rate to the point she won’t be good till 2020. Her tickrate is also ignored, it’s 20 compared to Zar with similar features at 5.5.

2 Likes

The reason her pick rate went down is cuz the ones who mained sym 2.0 got their character removed and sym 3.0 does everything worse than others

4 Likes

Symmetra needs minor tweaks. Nothing too major. No “primary locks on again” or “Teleporter now lasts forever”. Just some small things.

I wreck with her already. I at least want my enemy to think they have a chance.

3 Likes

Primary: Lower the tickrate to 4 or 5. Increase starting dps to 80.
Seconday: Its fine.
Turrets: Lower the cooldown.
Teleporter: Reduce the deploy time to match the cast time. Possibly make it infinite in duration until a new one is placed/destroyed.
Ultimate: At first I hated it but I think its fine.
Additional: Re-introduce the old photon barrier as a third ability bound to the swap weapons key.

3 Likes