Please, Stop Talking About Mercy

Don’t feed the megathread. As players and members of the community, we need to acknowledge that Blizzard is no longer dealing with Mercy. Instead of directing our attention towards a character that we know will not be touched because Blizzard essentially got tired of trying to deal with her, we should focus on other heroes that need the help. At this point, it’s just depressing watching threads disappear into the megavoid.

7 Likes

They’re victims harrowed, and they won’t be silenced by silly things like “facts” and “reality

4 Likes

#MakeMercyFunAgain

2 Likes

That’s not at all what I’m getting at. The majority of the reasonable Mercy players on here are right. But we already know that Blizzard just doesn’t care at this point and instead we should be focused on getting the other heroes that are doing poorly up to speed.

1 Like

Balance is at a higher priority than fun (Which is subjective, I personally find Mercy extremely fun)

3 Likes

Just because there’s no point in discussing changes in terms of balance doesn’t mean all discussion about Mercy is irrelevant. She, like many other characters, have bugs that need fixing and other QoL elements that should be considered implementing. I’ve outlined some of them here:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for suggestions and further discussion. But we all know where it will end up and I wouldn’t be surprised if this thread gets dumpstered at some point for mentioning her.

Agreed. I’m a Mercy main, but I’m honestly just tired of seeing all the posts about her. I enjoyed Mass Rez, I miss it, but I enjoy her now just as much as I did before Valkyrie became her ult. It isn’t a bad ult, just a bit underwhelming, and I feel like they might tweak it a little down the road to make it less so. (For example, increasing heals on main beam so that she has to prioritize who to attach it to.)

2 Likes

Completely agree with you, she’s not as dull as people suggest but there is still room for improvement.
And a little off topic but I love the name.

1 Like

So far my thread has been very on-topic with regards to only discussing bugs/animation glitches/QoL, although sometimes QoL does veer into “buff” territory naturally. Please have a look if you are interested, some of the bugs are really very detrimental to Mercy and can cause a lot of toxicity when it’s not even the player’s fault.

Thanks! It makes me happy when people get the reference, lol.

1 Like

I gave up on them changing Mercy to be any better months ago. I just want an option to play the old one. I don’t think that’s a lot to ask.

The megathread needs to be shutdown, it serves no more purpose now than misleading newcomers into leaving feedback that’s actually never going to be read or considered… as well as unnecessary censorship. It’s better to close it and not mislead more people with lies in the megathread’s main post, as it will only cause more frustration and annoyance.

2 Likes

Megathread needs to go. They are happy with her and no longer need feeback. Shut it down.

1 Like

Deal with other heroes, as in, go play heroes in other games? That’s not a bad idea.

No, I meant rally behind other heroes in the hopes that they would in turn do the same for Mercy once Blizzard starts being more open towards listening to the community once again.

I have little hope that they will do that. There are some very good ideas in the Megathread, but that thread’s very existence and maintenance was a problem. Just dumping all the complaints into there does not make the dissatisfaction go away.

Yeah I get that but I have a blast on mercy shes my 2nd main and have never heard someone in game complain about mercy being boring even once. The only place i see it is on here and its gotten so cringy i wont even click that megathing. Mercy is still the top healer as she has been forever now they are the only people ive ever seen complain while their hero is still basically on top. It’s childish, immature, and annoying to see every time I log on. They hijack unrelated threads and start debates and arguments in them by purposely baiting people with titles or childish rhetoric. It’s old. It needs to go away.

I find the tears of the 10 or whatever mercy mains who keep posting funny but you are right. Mercy threads are just toxic now. She isn’t being reverted. She is balanced. And despite what the loud minority says, people like playing her. It’s all just people mad that they are not getting their way. Nothing to see here. At this point these threads honestly feel like trolling or spam. :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

They should lock the megathread

then lock and direct mercy threads to it

1 Like