Please stop picking wrecking ball in gold

You’re not the next Yeatle, at best you’re providing zero peel and at worst you’re getting countered by like mei and sombra.

2 Likes

I’ve watched around 100 hours of yeatle playing wrecking ball I think I know what I’m doing

Feeds

2 Likes

When I was climbing through gold and plat, I’d always tilt when we had a Hammond because they’re honestly GREAT at feeding ult charge, dying and leaving our team down a tank…

But once I spent a little more time in DPS and actually tired getting more comfortable with the hero roster, I realized, isn’t it easier to enable your tank pick than it is to tilt at them? You referenced gold/plat and since I can’t see your profile I’ll just assume you’re between 22-2600.

I mostly only ever played Ashe/Hanzo while climbing (Like 80%). I got to Diamond and all of a sudden the Genji/tracer/hamm/Sombra/Winston players are all actually pretty good. Good enough to the point where you start to see why dive counters bunker/spam comps unless your team commits to anti-dive play style.

Being the SR you are now is a perfect time to experiment with the different heroes. I never tried to play dive. Only played what heroes I thought were important (high damage/high value). Once you make it out of metal ranks you need to be more diversified.

If you’re a DPS player, there are plenty of heroes to play dive with. If your a support, Lucio can dive with whoever he wants and learning to be an escape artist is the only way you’ll be able to survive at higher ranks. Ana is also a solid pick for dive. Pocket your team from the safety of the backline and defend yourself as necessary.

Hope that helps… GLHF :innocent::innocent:

2 Likes

Overbuff shows Wrecking ball with the 3rd highest win rate in Gold this week. There are five other tanks that lose more than he does. You don’t want to win?

3 Likes

OP is just qqing cos wreckingball comp do not enable his limited roster.

I mean, as long as the enemy team isn’t playing heroes that are CC for days then ball is fine. I just hate it when I see hog and ball torture now. Hog’s nerfs removed the viability of that combo.

As long as the ball knows how to properly use their personal shielding cooldown they shouldn’t be feeding ult charge.

I climbed my tank from gold 2200 to 3200 diamond by one tricking ball.

The issue is, one tricking a hero like ball is the best way to get to your actual rank(where you can actually start playing with your team). The problem arises when people who aren’t actually as good as they think they are try to “solo carry”, where they’re basically just throwing lol.

3 Likes

If they got to gold playing Wrecking Ball, then they’re capable of playing Wrecking Ball at a Gold level and you have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Not even exclusive to one role.

You can choose to fight your team or fight the actual enemy. Often times you can’t do both, so
tilting and flaming a teammate for what they do usually ends up with you being the biggest problem of the group, not them.

Sure, sometimes it doesn’t work out. But it will always be better if you play around your teammates instead of forcimg a 5v6 or worse.

1 Like