Please stop nerfing Mercy

Sorry I didn’t get your “in-joke” from a site I don’t care about and don’t use. :man_shrugging:

The amount of overreacting Mercy whinge threads I’ve seen it was completely believable that you’d be reacting like that because it’s in line with the general Mercy main overreactions

5 Likes

Why are people so passive aggressive? Explain to the OP that it isn’t that serious and move on.

1 Like

Yeah clearly OP wasn’t being serious with this it’s been a meme line for a while.

I do generally feel for mercy players though when these three letters (PTR ) appear anywhere it must make mercy and DVA players trouser trumpet tighten significantly!!!

I’m sort of upset about Mercy’s nerf but I’m not crumbling because of it. Tbh I’ll just play Baptiste, so no need to worry :smile:

1 Like
  1. She never should’ve been knockback immune anyway.

2. You’re right, she was balanced. She should receive some kind of compensation for this, that does kind of suck.

I mean thats sounds like a good plan. I don’t know why more Mercy mains don’t just try a different hero if they don’t like how she plays anymore.

As far as im concerned, the guy who i quoted posted the most important Mercy fix of all time. That she should make her viable again. Im not looking for anything after that.

Mercy can’t be meta with a bad knee, you know. Come on now.

:smile:

2 Likes

She wasn’t knock back immune, she was just following the same knockback mechanics of any other hero. Boop always has been a counter to res, now it’s just even more so.

2 Likes

I play every support a decent amount except zen. I just feel like Mercy is my baby cause she was my first main and it feels like she’s being picked on :confounded:

1 Like

Look under general changes and you’ll see that they’ve altered the mechanics of damage boost and knockback. The ways that they’ve done this are effectively Mercy nerfs.

To be honest I’ve been an ex-Mercy main for about a year now. I still play her often enough to stay sharp with her, but it’s a chore.

I want to main her again, and feel the joy that she used to bring me when I played her. But that would require major changes to the current Mercy.

So here I am, complaining about her state.

1 Like

In what way is the damage boost change a nerf?

I’m shaking and crying from laughter. Thanks for the satire piece, OP. :rofl:

1 Like

It goes both ways imo

Could you give an example of where you’d consider it a nerf?

I meant knock back immune while flying, obviously. Which is what they’re implying was the case.

Because Mercy Main that why. That’s all the reason they need.

1 Like

Well, say you want to damage boost multiple allies and juggle it. Now instead of damage boosting pharah before it hits, you have to do it when she shoots.
As I said, it goes both ways imo.
You can just damage boost her immediately now or you could’ve waited.
It doesn’t make a big difference either way.

1 Like

I guess my confusion is that I don’t see that as either a buff or a nerf. Just a difference in timing.

I genuinely can’t tell if this is a joke post, or completely serious.

However, I think people are blowing up because your overwatch has a new video out with the clickbait thumbnail of “Mercy gets a NERF??” and clickbait title of “Mercy NERFED again??”

Imho it’s blown way out of proportion and it’s obviously just for views as they fixed many of the heroes buggy interactions with boop mechanics.

Edit: also there is a slightly different damage boost mechanic, I thought I added that up top but rereading it I forgot

2 Likes