Please, something, anything on Mercy!

I don’t consider myself a Mercy main, I am a 200+ hours Symmetra main, but from the receiving end of the healing, I find that her healing rate is absolutely abysmal compared to literally any other healer, I used to have a soft spot for Mercy, but now, going through the original Developer Update that introduced Valkyrie, everything that Jeff Kaplan advertised for Mercy 2.0 has since been gutted out and nerfed (Valkyrie’s mobility, healing and Ressurection).

Are there any plans or anything in general to help with the outcry of literally hundreds of thousands of Mercy mains and non-Mercy players alike?

47 Likes

There’s already countless topics about Mercy (there’s one exactly like this one literally 6 posts below), creating another one won’t do anything.

5 Likes

Whole this nerf-fest was the result of the outcry of non-Mercy players. It won’t be end of the world if mercy won’t be the best heal for some time.

I wanna snipe with a granny w/o “go mercy” crying in the chat

3 Likes

An ideal would would be a world where all healers could be viable, meta history should not define balance

14 Likes

Mercy has become very boring to play, very quickly.

16 Likes

Maybe her gameplay itself can seem boring but if you add shotcalling on top (which is her second job), trust me, it’s not boring.

She’s not mechanically demending and she can fly, that’s why you should be able to have a good overview of what’s going on during teamfights and make calls.

A Mercy with a great gamesense and communcations won’t be bored.

1 Like

Except Mercy has always needed great gamesense for shot calling. When people say she’s boring now is her limited usage wherein her gameplay is mostly pocketing now. People who say thay generally miss juggling which is nearly impossible to do with 50hps

12 Likes

Yup! I can’t leave a teammate to go heal someone else without whoever I left to die. Zooming back and forth and keeping everyone topped up was about the only fun part left with Mercy.

4 Likes

blizzard just needs to swallow their pride and admit that this rework was a failure :expressionless:. Every game dev is gonna make mistakes, it’s what they do after these mistakes that matters.

12 Likes

That’s not Mercy’s job specifically it’s everyone’s job, you should always be shotcalling on any hero your comfortable with

2 Likes

Zipping across the map to tap off (edit changed top off to tap off, cause you didnt need to bring people back to full hp you needed to keep everyone alive) everyone juggling the team hp was the fun thing about mercy. Now it s sad her mobility is only used to get to the people she s pocketing (pharah or widow and sometimes hanzo). And all the memes about mercy just holding mouse button is true because of her role almost solely being a pocket healer now (i mean the gameplay before was largely pressing one mouse button too but atleast then she had to switch targets)

5 Likes

This. I would love to fly around across the map healing my team like a true guardian angel. Unfortunately I gotta pocket someone for a lot longer now so they don’t die which stops me from really utilizing her mobility as much. Of course I use her GA a lot, but it’s not as rewarding and engaging as it’s mostly just to reposition myself to get in a safer spot to pocket someone. The extra 10 hp/s really made a difference. I used to be able to use my GA a lot more freely because I would be able to heal allies a lot faster but oh well

How about… please don’t talk about Mercy right now, it’s slowing down but you might bring her back up.

2 Likes

Assuming you talk only about ladder play.
People have to get used that world like that won’t exist in comp setup. Probably in any game.

It’s not like Mercy isn’t viable anymore. It’s just that people still play like she heals for 60hps. Forget mercy, every support hero is viable with some comps. Not with every, but that’s the point.

“Meta history” = stats = perfect source for informations about the balance. Sure you can add some community “feeling” feedback as a factor but it’s not as reliable as raw data.
You can’t have a healer with best healing, top utility and maybe survival at the top and call it balanced. Mercy was probably close to if not the beast healing, and utility of a ress gave her too much value to be just simply ignored.
Main healer spot would be usually saved for “top healing” category, at least in the mindset of average ladder player. (Mercy, Ana)
Off healers spot would go to the healer with best utility in that scenerio.(Zen, Lucio)

And that’s why her healing got nerfed since no other healer could do that on regular basis when she could do it easily. That’s the point of the 60->50hps nerf. But hey it’s not “op” it’s “the only fun part”.

5 Likes

If you would like I can find the direct quote, but Geoff stated that Mercy should be outhealing all of the other supports (he stated this after the 10 hp/s nerf). Top utility? Rez can only be used if someone dies, and dmg boost is okay but not exceptional. Half of her utility is reactive. If you look at Ana, she can use her utility (sleep dart + anti nade) to set up big plays for her team. The meta now is fast paced, so Mercy’s slow and reactive utility isn’t top tier anymore. Also her mobility is the best out of many heroes, but due to the mobility creep appearing in the game it’s becoming less useful, as there are many heroes that can keep up with you to an extent.

1 Like

Mercy has consistent healing.
(I’m leaving this thread)

3 Likes

Zen has consistent healing. What’s ur point.

1 Like

(Zen does 30 HPS while Mercy does 50, large difference.)
(Leaving thread as I said)

2 Likes

Zen struggles to outheal damage, so does Mercy. She literally goes even with a Moira dmg beam now, that’s how bad it is. As I stated before, Geoff said she should be outhealing the other supports, but that’s simply not the case. Her healing struggles to keep allies alive in battles, whereas Ana and Moira’s healing numbers allow them a much better chance at keeping allies alive during big fights.

2 Likes

Zen is worse.

Idc about that. People have those moments.

That’s when there are no barriers, D.va, etc.
As I said, I’m leaving. Please do not respond to me.