Please, Reset Rankings

In before, no, there’s nothing wrong with the system; you will be back where you belong in a few games.

I have tried this on a new account, still not the case after 80+ hours.

How do I miraculously get over 1000+ SR more? I was able to maintain the rating, Hmm.

All of you outstanding GM silvers with extensive knowledge of how ranking works (despite Blizzard low-key changing stuff over and over without a blue post since 2018).

Get good, kid; you are the problem; you never make mistakes? – listen to this guy.

I do make mistakes, and I am very rarely the problem as I will fill, and I always medal whatever position I am playing. Yes, I know medals mean nothing, so get good kid, this guy thinks he knows about awards.

However, medals do matter, so do PotG. At least in traditional video game ELO.

Current Elo Points (rank)
Round Win/Loss
MVPs Gained

Every other ELO style game I play eventually resets SR as ELO hell does exist. Is it possible to get out, of course, but for the average player in Overwatch, where you place each season, which is a joke, by the way, its always within a +/- 200 range–

It’s sad to say this, but CS Go has a better ranking system. Even they reset ranks, for a good reason, because it was bad.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

3 Likes

One sad Keanu making one sad post after another.

Nope. Got gold elims at 3? Cool you were the best of a trash team while still playing like trash. Got POTG as Moira? Nice almost like the POTG system makes it easy to get POTG on characters like her while doing very little. POTG ≠ MVP. That card rarely shows up and it’s just for being on fire a lot.

“Traditional” ELO was designed for chess. Which believe it or not is not only a one on one game, but also does not have a “play of the game” or anything like the on fire meter. Nice try though to make ELO sound like a noble tradition for video games.

Maybe don’t try to rank shame with a private profile (hell you’ve stated several times that you’re in gold/plat which is not impressive at all, why do you think plat chat is such a meme?)

7 Likes

Considering half the people who respond in the forums are bronze/silver, and you yourself have a private profile. Blizzard enabled it, I didn’t. I can post on my alt diamond account, which I did earlier.

I was talking about the video game elo, not chess. CS Go being one of the first games to introduce that type into an fps-shooter.

What’s your rank? Let me guess silver, gold, or plat.

You’re such a meme dude. You’ve already claimed to be mid tier yourself on your main so own it and raise it if you’re actually better than that rank. Instead of actually trying to not tilt in game and play to win without getting into your own head all you do is scream on here. “I understand the system completely and anyone who disagrees with me is silver lol.”

You’ve literally given 0 reason to be taken seriously by anyone who isn’t a bitter hardstuck like you, looking to blame the game for any of their problems in any given match.

1 Like

Answer the question, what’s your rank. I am not embarrassed to mention mine.

I’m plat on my main. This is an alt I made earlier this year that I haven’t fully leveled yet.

You’re right. You’re not because you got lucky on placements on an alt so you use that one. The issue with the game right now is not that it doesn’t push people up fast enough, if you’re actually outperforming people at your rank you’ll get shot up, the issue is that it doesn’t push people down fast at all if they’re outclassed. It already gives players the benefit of the doubt by inflating most people’s initial placements, which only incentivizes people to buy an alt until they get placed high so they can feel vindicated an come crying about how the system is against them ranking up.

I mean, dude I have over 80 hours in comp and 300 wins on alt account and I am still diamond support. But okay.

I just explained it to you dude. The game makes it very easy to maintain a high rank if you get placed high so long as you don’t feed. If the game actively pushed people down if they did not deserve their rank and wasn’t so generous with initial placements, not only would it mean more to say you’re a higher rank and not just someone who got placed high on an alt (even if they were playing with friends on smurfs or who were just higher ranked than them) just to feel vindicated because the game won’t punish them for being outclassed (or at least put some sort of decay in all ranks), but also games would potentially be more consistent as you would know everyone at your rank actually earned it. It wouldn’t be “I placed diamond, time to only do placements on it forever so I can say I’m diamond” you wouldn’t be able to just do the minimum to maintain anymore. You’d need to earn the right to stay anywhere above bronze.

Hell you’re throwing around your rank on your alt like it is a badge of honor and why everyone should listen to you, while making the argument that ranks don’t mean anything right now. You’re literally trying to make the argument that rankings aren’t accurate while using your rank as a reason for us to listen to you. Can’t have it both ways. Either ranks do mean something right now and are accurate and we’re just waiting for either your gold or diamond account to meet somewhere in the middle or their inaccurate and your diamond rank mean nothing, making it no reason for us to listen to you over someone in bronze.

3 Likes

I’m Diamond for DPS tank and plat for support…

I climbed FROM BRONZE on my main account, to Diamond on tank and DPS. If I had more time to put into the game I could easily peak mid-masters.

This account is my practice account which is also Diamond (DPS only because it’s the role I care about) because I believe in practicing where you belong and I do not support smurfing…

Elo hell DOES NOT EXIST!!

But I will concede that I think “git gud”
and if you’re good you’ll climb, aren’t legitimate responses in the current Overwatch environment.

With all the throwers, smurfs and easily tilted players, climbing from silver to platinum is not an easy feat if only because you as an individual CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH.

But if you’re failing to climb as an individual, it means you need to find like minded individuals who want to climb and want to improve. Its really not that hard.

An SR/MMR reset would NOT benefit the community in the way people think that it would.

The best it would do is mean that for about 6 months the games would be completely trashed (assuming Everyone truly tried to place in their correct Elo) as the high skilled players with multiple accounts would still be mixing regularly with the low skilled players.

This is all based on the assumption that nobody decides to throw games. Which has been a recurring theme since season 3 or 4 (from my understanding. Didn’t start until season 11).

And I mean actual throwing, not playing what they want to play because they paid for the game and feel like only playing Sombra or torb or whoever. Actual sabotage behavior.

6 Likes

No. (20 characters.)

1 Like

I agree with him 100%. Played & placed in every season since season 5, only this account, no alts or smurfs, been everywhere from Bronze to currently Master.

Not that rank has anything to do with making a valid argument.

3 Likes

Everyone everywhere always in the history of anything has periodic resets.
It’s a thermodynamic tautology. Entropy builds up, integrity goes down, and you fix or replace.

I pitty the chronics who nolife OW and think it’s fine. A lunch-and-learn math session would show them why a reset is necessary and they should stop schilling a 4-year no-reset ladder in a dead game.

Bcoz most of whiners are Bronze / Silver rank who doesn’t understand that biggest problem is in their mind and in their attidute. I gave a shot as Tank role to this game and i hitted Bronze to Gold in two weeks few season ago and i have been in Gold since then, before that i was in Bronze / Silver. My Support and Dps role are in Bronze, bcoz i don’t play those roles so much these days but i belive that if i post replay code about my Zen / Ana play i could hit to Gold as support also. Im not intrested to rank up as Dps role bcoz i don’t like queue times what they have, anyway most of players wants play Dps so i let them play Dps :smile: Matchmaker is not rigged, your old account is not ”flagged/forced”, ( you just have played poorly and climbing up by improving takes bit longer time ) also if i make new acc and play well those placements i get placed to Plat+, but there is no reason why i couldn’t do that with my old acc, it just take bit longer. And ” taking longer ” is not any reason to say that matchmaker doesn’t work, it maybe flavor a new players but only bcoz matchmaker ”doesn’t know who you are” and reason to this is it protects those Bronze / Silver players to keep better players away from those games as well as possible. Ofc you can play like idiot and get placed to Bronze with new acc but there is nothing what Blizzard can do to retards.

e: So what i think why game ”flavors” a fress accs is that if you play well you get higer rank, if you play poorly you get lower rank, even you play poorly at first but then start dominating you get fastly higer rank and so on. And reason why you need longer time to play well if you have played poorly at first ( like i did seasons 8 - 21 ) is to avoid better players make money with old accounts. Just think about it, if i ask someone to boost this account to Diamond - Master and some GM player can do it in 1 day bcoz he get rewarded as well as fresh accounts, how easy it will be to some players earn some extra dollars ? Also one point here can be that Blizzard is a listed company which purpose is to make money for its shareholders, why they would allow GM players to make money with old accounts when players can buy new one ? Personally i don’t recommend to buy new acc, i recommend to give a time for game if you like it.

e2: And why they wont never ever reset rankings is it would be like FREE copy of game to all players, all Master - GM players could play like retard at firts and then destroy everything in theyrs path back to Master+ and totally FREE, no money to Blizzard, and also Master+ players could earn some extra dollars by boosting 10+ acc in week to Master+ and again no dollars to Bli$$ard.

3 Likes

I thought you are plat?

Why do you want reset? Chance to get diamond from placement on new account is very low, even top players cant do it very often. If you are already high plat, you really dont want reset to possibly end up even lower.

4 Likes

This wall of text is disgusting, main point is my alt account is diamond with almost as many hours in comp as my main.

Reset the ranks.

Also, I have been playing diamond games and to be honest the games seem better in gold.

What has happened to this game, we had another widow last night ask if he should switch when the other teams cart was pushed to the end.

People are also in brackets they should and shouldn’t be. You should honestly be in Masters if you use a mic to communicate with your team.

You can’t “in b 4” your own topic on the first post. Ib4 is reserved for a poster who isn’t the op. Someone said, no. Therefore ib4 no can’t be used on this topic.

1 Like

lmao dude ur basically a clown at this point we all like you

1 Like

You don’t have permission to say I’m selfish. I did try to lran the game, and be my best. I top out at silver. When avoid/prefer player used to be a thing I abused it and hit plat.

If I can’t be top 500, there’s no point in trying to learn and be better. If I can’t be top 500, I’d rather just have fun.

And at what rank you are at your main ?

1 Like

Gold and Platinum, said this about 20 times.