Please reset MMR for season 18

Now we can play and be ranked in our best role. But there’s a lot of people here who was trolled in other seasons. Teams with 3 dps, 1 sup, etc. My tank role is the best and I really suck in dps, when I finished the placements I get a close rank with my tank role. Not because I am good at it, that was season 17 send me regards.
Please, reset the MMR for a real placement, now we have a real competitive game, give us a chance to restart with this new overwatch. Love you, Blizz. Love you, Jeff! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

this would be very stupid

13 Likes

Honestly that would be really bad. Gms playing with bronzes and so on. People are Already complaining about players placing the same rank on their secondary and tertiary roles. Even if they don’t deserve it. Imagine the waves of complaints after mmr reset. Yikes

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

2 Likes

So you want give a change to some GM players to f*ck up placements by shooting a wall with Widow by purposely and be placed somewhere in 500 - 1000 SR just for fun? I think this is not a good idea at all… :smile:

2 Likes

Please, those players won’t feel the reset. And i’ve seen some asking for a reset already.

2 Likes

at this point so many people asked for it, i want it to happen just to see the absolute mayhem it will create and all those people asking for it being the first to cry about it

4 Likes

Exactly how I’m starting t feel bring on the choas

Who doesn’t fear a possible reset it’s really good in this game. Just it.

sure if you like losing games just because you had the former bronze and the enemy the former gm on their team?

have at it

Not only will the chaos be amplified with a full reset as the match up could be full bronze vs full gm (how could the system tell if every data is wiped and everyone is basically the same?), but people using their alt accounts to play in lower ranks/ troll/ meme, and the boosting services will flourish, easy money now that everyone that bought a boosting service requires another one.

There’s already a huge problem in game with high rank smurfs playing in lower rank matches, and you want that legitimized? Because that’s what a MMR reset would mean for the game.

Please stop with this ridiculous request.

1 Like

Honestly fixing your gameplay mistakes will allow you to climb more quickly than the chaos an SR reset would do.

5 Likes

It took OW about 5 games to stick my new account into quick plays with masters and diamond people.

Smurfs and high level players will be in your bronze games for like 30 minutes. People acting like it’d be so horrible to reset everything.

I’ll take it if it means resetting this entire SR system that is obviously failing right now.

Burn it all down. Start over. It’s a whole new game with this role queue. You can FEEL how much players want to just start this game all over and see how it goes. It’d be FUN, like a new launch.

Sticking with the old data and switching to 3 different roles just isn’t working out, imo.

3 Likes

A reset would be rough, with everyone mixed together. What they could do is rank people up on a curve. So if you’re a high performing bronze player you gain more SR than the low performing bronze player. The gains would have to be more significant than they are now to get people ranked properly. It wouldn’t be so bad for low performers because they would lose less SR and stay in the same spot.

Same for losses. If you lose a game but you played really well, you shouldn’t lose as much as the lucio who jumped off the map three times.

Until the role queue beta, I didn’t think an MMR reset would be helpful. Now, I think it would be best, even though Papa Jeff said it would be a disaster.

They should reset only for the ones you don’t play much. If you’re main supp then they should reset your tank and dps mmr.

That’s what PBSR is. That’s what currently happens. Like, right now. (below diamond, anyway). It sounds like you think you’re not getting the SR you deserve for wins/losses?

Yes totally agree, right now you place the same SR in ever class. Shouldnt be a thing

The better way would be to PROPERLY extrapolate peoples stats and get them placed in the RIGHT SR for each role. Right now its a bag of sh1t

So play more. More data means more tuning means more accuracy. Keep the games coming and they will improve as time goes by.