Please Remove SR Loss for Team leavers

Please remove the SR Loss for teams that have leavers. I had half my team leave the other day. A 3 stack, we were 30 seconds from victory, and then we got rolled.

The person who leaves the game can still get the SR penalty, but it is not fair for people just because they are on the same team.

If the people are in a group, they can lose SR with the leaver, because this way it won’t be set up to have someone drop to save their groups SR.

I say this because there already exists a ban for leaving games. So people wouldn’t be able to do this just to save the SR of them or their group mates. But it would make the sting of defeat less for those who have this happen often. It would also make trolling through this method pretty much pointless So people won’t buy accounts on sale just to have them banned.

2 Likes

Groups can dissemble mid game and this mechanic might be exploited.

1 Like

I came up with a system for how this could work so that it can’t be exploited.

2 Likes

I wish they added something to ease the sting of losing from a leaver, especially when your team was probably going to win. It’s so disheartening.

1 Like

It’s fair. Everyone that plays competitive mode is on a level field and all deal with the same issues. It’s strong reason for why MMR and auto ban should be removed from the game.