Please Remove Mercy Super Jump

I’d like to say something before anyone automatically assumes that I’m jumping on a bandwagon. I’ve asked long before any of this current drama for the superjump to be removed as it was easily reproducible and took me less than 5 minutes to learn how to do in the practice range and then apply to quick play and ranked.

Now the rest of the community has finally picked up on it so I’d like to capitalize on this newfound scrutiny and ask once again for this unintended mechanic to be completely removed and not integrated into her kit.

Mercy is supposed to be dependent on her teammate’s positioning in order for her to effectively use Guardian Angel, this bug allows her to reposition to the high ground with no one on it and doesn’t require use of her ultimate, thus it shouldn’t be allowed.

Many other characters had movement bugs removed for reasons that they were unintended with the character’s kit and possibly made the character too oppressive, so why should Mercy be an exception? Because of fun? Because her mains claim its useless? (I’ve seen this argument used before.) If its useless, then what’s wrong with removing it?

Regardless, its really not fine to leave in the game for so long, this should’ve been fixed almost a year ago. Please remove this bug Blizzard.

5 Likes

Please Blizzard don’t remove it. If this gets removed than should it happen on all other heroes where you can use jump to your advantage. Let’s just nerf all fun in this game.

7 Likes

I’d argue its the opposite of useless, it’s practically a hindrance. I do it on accident a lot and end up sliding up a wall instead of through a doorway and get stuck outside and killed for it.

Superjump doesn’t need to be removed it has his counters (snipers) a single superjump and its so easy to get you killed its an bug that helps mercy since shes the worse healer right now i dont get it why people are crying so much about it when its so easy to kill a mercy when she is using and if ur just saying that because of xqc clip ur such a cry baby at this point.

It is currently a glitch/bug and i wish they’d fix it. It’s not cool to leave it as-is. There are bugs that are difficult to reproduce or very niche, but in Mercy’s case, the super-jump takes (as you said) 5s to learn how to reproduce and is usable whenever you have a valid guardian angel target (even a dead ally).

Either fix the glitch and remove the ability altogether or make the super jump an ability Mercy can use whenever she wants. I honestly would prefer they just make it a legit ability. I’m okay with Mercy being able to super jump onto a high ground. Baptiste does this and it’s not oppressive.

This is been thing for 1.5 year and people are used it even at OWL, people are just now crying thanks xQc show…

Ur argument being “dependent on her teammate’s positioning”: she is, u can’t make super jump without a team mate

3 Likes

(coming from a mercy main) imo, no. Your argument about mercy relying on her teammates positions makes no sense as she needs a teammate / Rez orb to superjump. It gives her more offensive potential as she is the worst healer currently and is only powerful in the right hands which makes it no different from a high skill ability / hero.

Please don’t necro bump posts.

Rather please start a new discussion in #general-discussion.
It already has been confirmed that Super jump is intended, nothing more to it.

1 Like