Please... please do something about power creep

lol, you realize that’s still well after balancing changes had been rolling for a while, right?

Also way to be pedantic jerks instead of dealing with the actual F***ing topic.

1 Like

and you realise that

was ALSO

Like, I get that powercreep is a thing, but, damn, you really didn’t pick a good example.

Having a Hero buffed after being trash for over a year because they were nerfed into trashdom isn’t a bad thing.

You know, you were the one to make about that topic.

Ok, lets get back to powercreep.

I think an actual policy on how they want to run balance is WELL overdue.

Like, they should say something like “We are going to balance for win rates, in Masters”, then each fortnight nerf the high win rate heroes, and buff the low win rate ones.

or something like that, because balance by whining streamer sucks pretty hard.

This way everyone knows what’s up, and what to expect.

To be fair, I am a bit concerned for Mei, considering either Mei/Hanzo or Mei/Reaper is looking like the next meta.

And the formerly “flimsy” icewall is looking more sturdy than Orisa barriers.

4 Likes

Yeah, but you know people won’t complain about the wall (her strongest ability) but about the freezygun which is pretty much the worst thing in her kit.

I don’t think Mei/Hanzo, since the wall ALSO blocks Hanzo. Since the ranged DPS will be strong, I don’t think Mei will see a lot of play honestly.

Also I think Ashe is stronger hero than Hanzo is.

Ya see I just saw you saythat pharah has more counters than sym so I am not gonna believe like anything you say off face value. May wanna give reasons and examples

Think of Mei as more of an additional offtank, instead of an additional DPS.

My guess, if they do nerf Mei, it’s probably going to be less Slow effect on her primary fire.
Like 20% Initial Slow, instead of 30% Initial Slow.

Or a tiny bit less Freeze, such that the double icicle isn’t possible.
Like 1.3sec Freeze, instead of 1.5sec Freeze.

Across the board nerfs are always a horrible idea:

Genji is totally untainted from power creep
As is Zenyatta
As is Lucio
As is Mercy

These heroes along with maybe a few more shouldnt have to face blanket nerfs since they are all really well balanced and shouldnt be changed. Just because a few bad apples were enough to spoil the bunch, and itd basically be the same problem but with different numbers, itd fix nothing.

Always do, but with the changes to Barriers ranged DPS will be stronger, and Mei won’t really have a place there.

If she is, it is because Rein’s extra speed makes the game brawly, and she fights close up well.

I figure, if your Rein shield breaks, you can throw up a Mei wall to let people get to cover.

Also putting a wall up between teams while approaching, so you don’t burn up the Rein barrier.

Maybe, IF we see Mei, it will be part of Goats 2.0

Mei / Reaper / Rein / Zarya? / Lucio / +some other support (Zen?).

Yeah, as the way to join the fight.

The second Support will probably be Baptiste. Which also supplies a Pharah counter, and additional “don’t die when barriers are down”

Also barrier shredding on par with Soldier.

Mei just does not need to be in the meta. She prevents people from playing the game. She doesn’t outplay anything, she just stops people from outplaying her. Same problem brig had until she got reworked

It should all be based around whoever makes a play wins engagements, wins team fights, 1 v1s. Whatever.

Where as right now it’s based around heroes that are hardest to make plays against, but don’t make plays themselves. Compare orisa to the other main tanks. Compare mei to the other dps. Compare Moira to Ana. These heroes strengths is preventative instead of being active

Maybe, Discord is still amazing in these comps. But Baps could do well.

I honestly don’t think she will be. But if she is, it is likely in a goats 2.0 way. I can’t see her working another way.

Likely as not, she will be in a game full of her counters, and is practically unplayable.

Some Pro people on GosuPeak’s interviews are thinking it will be Lucio/Bap on attack, and Zen/Bap on defence.

Although I’ve seen teams combo Bap Mercy on previous metas. For double the “prevent death”

Makes good sense.

Lucio will only be there if they expect slower tanks used. No need for speed boost if everyone moves quickly already (unless it is JUST to save Zen)

Lucio is great with dive tho.

He was good in dive for saving Zen (it was the only defence Dive had).

IF we see a return to dive, and we have Zen’s discord as a major part of it, then yes, I expect to see Lucio.

Heck, imagine if the meta becomes Mercy/Bap/Orisa/Rein

So many damage boosts

Unlikely, though…

Mercy / Baps has a lot going for it. Field + Rez is a damn good combo. And Baps is more than capable to keep the tanks running while she looks after the DPS.

If they ever balance the game the meta will be Ana lucio dive