Please no hard Sr reset šŸ™

Sure. There is chaos now.

But for how long? and how much chaos?

If a full reset made less chaos over less time then Iā€™m all for it. We just canā€™t know if it would in my opinion.

1 Like

Well if everyone had to re-earn all their roles in the new system, I think less people would be impacted, worst case it would be the same as the first time.
Maybe start everyone at 0 instead of 2500.

Just want something that is repeatable. And puts people of my skill level on my team and in my games, I donā€™t care what tier it is in.

Youā€™d make every GM do a bronze to GM?

What about the current system isnā€™t repeatable?

Iā€™m curious about this contention.

They do it anyway. :man_shrugging:

Two different accounts for the same person go differently in SR
implies randomness.

More importantly 2 players on the same team, of varying skill levels.

Youā€™re actually going to claim that every single GM does bronze to GM?

Youā€™d have to do enough games to see where they landed.

There is no guarantee that a SR reset would make repeatable results like this.

And, I will say, on all 3 of my alt accounts I always got around the same rank. I wanted to prove to myself I was the rank it said and I feel like I did by getting 3 accounts to the same rank.

You say this but why though?
If the system is reliable with repeatable results, chaos for a time should still put you validly where you belong.

This is anecdotal.
I had the same suspicion and I did this too.
My 2 accounts are in two different tiers. Not successive tiers either.
That is what leads me to not repeatable results.

And then Stylosa made a video regarding a few of his accounts also.

1 Like

if u are good and deserve your rank u will climb up easy but if u are boosted or u was playing a op hero(brig) and now he/she is trash,u deserve to derank.
But yea mmr reset is bad but the reason u give here is bad

I see repeatable results in the current system and, with no guarantee that your system would give repeatable results, I have to say Iā€™d rather it stay the same.

Also the idea of every GM doing a bronze to GM at the same time terrifies me.

1 Like

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion, but it has no validity if it is only guessing at skill rank.

I would prefer a valid system so earning rank would mean something.

Youā€™d have to show that it is guessing at your rank.

You need to show how this is invalid.

You disregarded my experience since it was anecdotal, but then cited anecdotes yourself.

You canā€™t have your cake and eat it too

Im honestly all for it. So many people have been hardlocked into roles for a long a time and people who leveled high in the early seasons just do placements for the most part and maintain a high rank.

Iā€™d like to see everyone put to 0-1000 SR every season so people dont get a headstart above everyone else. Yeah itā€™s rough at the start of the seasons but thats the point of a competitive mode to climb not maintain a rank. You shouldnt be hand given a top level rank just because thats what you ended with last season or 10 seasons ago.

2 Likes

That is the point your experience and my experience is different. Hence there is no certainty either way. Both are anecdotal by definition.
With a secret system. Having no certainty actually favors my argument.

I donā€™t need to prove a secret system is invalid. If it isnā€™t working in a certain percentage of casesā€¦there is no logical way to call it valid.

But that says nothing about the effectiveness of a full reset.

I disagree. You need to show how it is invalid. There are many factors that could cause you to not be ranked the same.

You would have to play the same amount on both files which Iā€™m pretty sure you havenā€™t.

Itā€™s all good though.

I agree, but it can be NO WORSE than the first time, right?
In fact it should be better because Blizzard has more data to learn from their mistakes.
How many things have you seen released perfectly by anyone on the first try?

I canā€™t say for sure.

A full reset may be the best idea, but I just canā€™t for the life of me see that right now.

That makes the first full SR reset even scarier.

If your accounts are in two different tiers, then you simply arenā€™t consistent. All 4 of my accounts are in gm, what now. My freshest account is one month old and I even got that one to gm in S17.

Sorry dude, but people that demand an mmr reset are hot garbo. Everyone that doesnā€™t belong in a rank will naturally fall down, itā€™s much easier than forcing everyone to earn their rank back only so hard stucks can get a chance to realize why theyā€™re hard stucks for a reason.

With a full reset you only invite people with multiple alt accounts to start throwing and trolling in lower ranks, you might even invite me, as I sure as hell wonā€™t have a reason to rank up 4 accounts to gm anymore, now that we have a role queue and I donā€™t need separate accounts for separate roles anymore.

1 Like

Sorry dude people scared of a hard reset are boosted garbo.
Everyone that belongs in a rank will easily get there.

Idk man, having ranked 4 accounts to gm already on all roles as well as flexing/ fill only, I wouldnā€™t call it being scared, more like why would I want to bother only so a handful of boosted players might get sorted and a vocal minority can get their will?

Honestly if I believed you had 4 accounts in GM, you would have no issue because you would know you would get there with a valid system with repeatability.

Like donā€™t you want a system that isnā€™t random? It really benefits better players.