Please nerf defense matrix already

This game feels very cheap when ur bullets just DISAPPEAR… No working towards destroying a shield, no 200 hp bubble to pop, just disappear. so frustrating.

12 Likes

Go use the ability its been nerfed multiple times and just tapping defense matrix uses a significant portion of the small amount of time you can use it and it has a slow recharge time as well. Im also not a DVA player i find her very clunky to use and vulnerable. Im not particularly good at dive since i play solo most of the time dva is like a suicide mission or an ult battery with less impact then a middling road hog for me so yea its not a matter of bias but objective fact.

It has a small window and you can burn through it very quickly then its down for more important things. If shes eating up some hit scan bullets your doing everyone a favor lowering the chance she’ll eat a projectile ult.

7 Likes

Ok ok ok. I admit dvas dm COULD use some minor tweaking, but no sledgehammers or anything close to it.

4 Likes

Give D.va a sledgehammer.

2 Likes

Sledgehammer nerf or just a sledgehammer?

All DM needs is for it to act like a regular shield instead of a black hole that swallows everything.

5 Likes

Just a sledgehammer.

1 Like

I’m down.

I mean, they both block the thing :confused:

2 Likes

If it worked like a regular shield it can be shot and destroyed. It could have a health bar, etc.

defense matrix is the reason why she has pretty much a 100% pickrate in pro matches

DM is really good but the fact that it is coupled with great damage, mobility and health just make her so good in general, take Lucio for example. Speed boost is hands down one of the best abilities in the game. Lucio also has high mobility and self sustain but mid-tier damage, mid-tier heals and has to be with his team at all times to get the most out if his kit.

Lucio has trade offs to make him balanced, D.Va doesn’t. People want DM nerfed but it is actually balanced and keeps a lot of heroes in check (Widow, Ana, Junkrat, McCree and more). The way I see it D.Va needs small nerfs to either her mobility, her health or her damage.

2 Likes

If they actually decide to nerf DM cuz of all these forum crybabies who can’t bait 2s DM, I can’t wait to see how people start crying about snipers and flankers even more, cuz there won’t be anyone to peel for your backline or to deal with that widow who now will have all space in the world.

14 Likes

No

2 Likes

Huge hitbox? Critbox right in the middle of her mech which is almost impossible to miss? Slowing down when she shoots? Can’t block beams?

20 Likes

to be fair lucio cant block beams either

1 Like

I didn’t know they’ve changed Lucio to be a tank.

2 Likes

You right, let change dva matrix and rockets, now insted of them she shoots back everything her matrix eat, you know ults, bullets, everything. And lets make matrix longer, no more just disappear, are you happy ?

4 Likes

roadhog cant block beams, wrecking ball cant block beams, d.va cant block beams

Roadhog never was a tank to block damage. Tho can body block shots while taking a breather to reduce damage. Ball has the highest mobility in the game and he’s about creating space, can use hit hitbox to bodyblock shots too. Not all tanks designed to block damage.

2 Likes