Please make Workshop on Nintendo Switch available offline

Sometimes I am on the metro and the internet through my hotspot is spotty. I would love to be able to start learning about the workshop more through the Nintendo Switch version of this game. Please let me know if you think this is feasible.

2 Likes

In the PC, Xbox, and PS4 versions, you can access the workshop through custom game options. I’m not sure if it is available on the switch version, but I believe so

To get to it first, create a custom game, to do that go into play, then game browsers, then select create.
Then in settings, there is an option named “workshop”

From there you can create rules and game modes. If you want more info on how to use it, I would recommend reading the pinned comments on the #workshop section.
The Wiki made by Wyomingmist, explaining how every action and value command works, how the even attribute works and how the basic conditions works.
The post guidelines made by one of the overwatch developers. This one is more on the forums rather than the workshop itself.

It is in the Switch version but the game requires an online connection to use the workshop. All I am asking for is an offline mode where I can practice creating gamemodes and save them for later play with friends online. I just want to be able to use the workshop offline.

This is not really feasible to make any custom game available offline. All games of Overwatch (including things like the Training Range and the Custom Games) are managed on a dedicated server.

4 Likes

It would be a good incentive to buy the Nintendo Switch version if you could host an offline custom game though. Although it would probably take a lot of work to allow an Overwatch client to host it’s own server since we don’t actually have unofficial Overwatch dedicated servers or anything.

I love Overwatch, but the Nintendo Switch is not always guaranteed to be online. I know there are concerns about hacking, but heck even Diablo 3 has an offline mode… An offline mode of the workshop with AI seems so perfect for the Switch… Maybe it is something to consider for Overwatch 2?

Considered that switch is already having a hard time playing the game, hosting a cuatom game server is very unlikely due to performance😂