Please make Orisa shield be regenerated

Orisa continues to dominate the meta and her shield needs a rework bad. She gets a fresh 900 shield every 9 seconds and she is really hurting the flow of the game. Her shield should be regenerated like rein and sigma.

2 Likes

I still fail to understand why it is so difficult to shoot it down…
Even an enemy Orisa can destroy it in time.
You also have some damage heroes and maybe heroes like Lucio or Mercy’s damage boost to help out.

And I think it would hurt Orisa’s individualism if you just changed her barrier and made it like Rein’s or Sigmas. If she could regen, this would also mean she could replace it without cd.
Ik Winston exists but his barrier has a different role.

I strongly disagree that it hurts the flow of the game as I believe that this is a heavy part of the game. If not for things like barriers, points would be overrun and captured instantly.
I fully believe Orisa is fine and I would even go as far as to say she did not even need the 1 sec cd nerf.

Just because a hero is meta, it does not mean he/she is too strong. Eventually a new meta would come, and then you would have a trash hero left which had been nerfed to the ground fue to other heroes…

Just shoot the barrier… tell your team to shoot it. 900 HP on a huge immobile thing.
If you play support in a teamfight, you might do about 2k heal very fast. This should give you an idea how fast damage can be put out on squishy moving targets. You are not even the only support…

2 Likes

It isn’t.

The problem is that it usually takes a while to destroy, so there is another one up straight away. There is hardly any reward for shooting an Orisa barrier unless you destroy it in 2 seconds.

2 Likes

With double barrier being the meta you almost always have to pick Orisa and having such a diverse roaster that shouldn’t be the case. When there is a 1500 shield in front of a 900 shield that is ready to go at a moments notice it is almost unbearable to play. Yes I do shoot the shield but shooting the shield takes such an ungodly amount of time. It seems more fair to have her shield regen so the Orisa player actually has to think about when she can and cannot use her shield. I just hate the current state of the game where two teams are just in their bunker shooting at each other…

SILVER RANKED GAMING WARLORD with private profile puts every GM players and OWL coaches to shame.

1 Like

Yeah how about no. All the heroes are unique their own ways, let her be.
Also SHOOT THE SHIELD, it aint that hard thing to do.

There’s reason why people like you arent balancing the game.

2 Likes

The reward is creating an opening. If the team does not co-operate to destroy it or tske the chance to strike, it is not Orisa’s fault.
I see it oretty often that it gets focused down if we do not happen to have flankers. But with all things, the right heroed should be chosen.

Then why is Orisa to blame? I know that people blamed her before Sigma came out. It was known that people complained about her barrier uptime. And then they release Sigma. To me it appears that he feels off then.

Ugh… You contributed absolutely nothing to this discussion. Not only are you hiding behind a private profile yourself, but going by your response it appears that you cannot even hit a barrier.
Rankshaming when you don’t even know my rank.

1 Like

Orisa is still getting blamed because destroying Cigar’s barrier creates a noticeable downtime. You can deal with a Cigar solo, Orisa requires a team. That is annoying.

The opening is always a tiny amount of time. I play a lot of Orisa and my barrier doesn’t often go down. When it does, you usually have fortify and you’re the toughest hero in the game.

i mainly play in qp and orisa is my main tank. and my shield hardly stays up. im usually looking at the cooldown, waiting for it to come up so my team doesnt get sniped. wish i had your experiences lmao the nerf balanced her in my games

Did they say it’s difficult to shoot down?

Destroying Orisa’s barrier creates a pretty damn noticeable down time, just nobody bothers to focus fire it down or they give up too soon. It seems that so few people abuse how immobile Orisa is. Once that shield is down, she can’t deal with other directions until it comes off ok CD whereas Sigma/Rein can react to new situations better.

Dunno what you mean… Sigma is much scarier if you’re in range of his left click. Personally I think I’d rather take the 1v1 versus Orisa (except with Mei. Maybe…).

You also are one of the least dangerous… I try and bodyblock for my team if I can, but once that shield drops your team is gonna have to take cover as an Orisa isn’t gonna stop anything from advancing =\

You can do up to 132 dps with just bodyshots. If I recall correctly, Orisa has the second highest average damage out of all the tanks. She is far from helpless.

While that’s true her gunfire is legit countered by moving side to side XD

Yeh but, are they just standing there taking it? Because of the spread+projectile nature of her weapon even some light strafing will greatly reduce the damage taken.

Just like every other hero in the game, you counter their weird movement by aiming better. Obviously you won’t be doing anywhere near as much as 132 dps, but keep in mind this is usually when you’re safely behind your barrier.

Bruh that was a joke

K…?

Yesterday I I faced sigma/Orisa duo on Einch castle ( w.e ) on defense and it was impossible to pass.