Sym Golden Glove Megathread

Wig. Snatched.

With all these new heroes having gold there’s literally no reason why Symmetra should not have gold anymore.

Do something about it. Seriously.

I added you on PSN :ok_hand:

why does she “deserve” it lol

wait why does my ability (or people in general) to see a golden gun in a victory pose or highlight thing matter when considering how seriously she is perceived?

you’ve bumped this thread numerous times to no avail
it’s pretty clear the devs won’t respond

they never changed it, it was a mistake in the original notes

by that logic everyone should get a golden arm

but… it’s not that important

but everything that’s gold so far is directly used to heal/do damage

bob, Moira’s gauntlets, etc

I’ll give it to you idk why Baptiste’s backpack is gold, but honestly I don’t really see the importance of it

you see the gold gun while using the hero, and everyone else does as well, so I don’t know why it matters so much

it matters because she can’t show it off. She’s the only hero with zero victory poses or highlight intros. It’s all there in the OP.

I paid 3000 CP for my golden gun.
Then Ashe came along. BOB was made gold so Ashe could “show off all those hard earned competitive points”.

Sure, but what about Symmetra?

The Devs have only commented on one thread since this was made so I will continue to bump it. Probably to no avail, I am under no illusion of that but I have to try.

Symmetra’s glove deserves to be gold because it creates her ULT and all her buildables, including her turrets which collectively do 150dps.

4 Likes

I feel that i’ve done all I can do on this right now. I’ll come back at Archives and we’ll see if Sym gets something to show off her gold.

Still a mistake no one noticed for months

The difference is

• not everyone has a robot arm to even make gold
  • not everyone has a arm that’s prominently used in all abilities
  • not everyone who has a robot arm has it consistently across all skins (EX: mccree doesn’t have it in the blackwatch skin. Torb can possibly have a golden arm but already has his hammer prominently featured .)
  • everyone has at least a victory pose or a highlight intro with their gold gun.
2 Likes

yes, that would be great, also for the same principle, the reinhardt lion crest should be gold aswell!

2 Likes

Its ridiculous she doesn’t but honestly, I don’t really care about pimping out my characters with gold guns, but for those that do, I am sure its annoying. Not doing it to be consistent is just laziness on the part of development, that’s all it is.

3 Likes

Can’t let this die now

https://s3.dexerto.com/thumbnails/_thumbnailLarge/Overwatch-player-shows-how-to-perfectly-negate-Baptistes-Immortality-Field.jpg

1 Like

Today marks one year since I bought Symmetra’s golden gun and I joined countless other Symmetra mains who CAN’T SHOW OFF HER GOLD.

Stop ignoring us Symm mains Blizz!

1 Like

Omg, I was not expecting all the positive feedback on a Sym post tbh. I support this 100%, even the turrets not being gold cause they would draw attention to themselves.

1 Like

i’m just fatigued asking for this. It’s something that most people agree Symmetra should have so why has she never been given it?

Yeah it makes total sense, even I thought about it a little after I got the game about a year ago. The only thing that I could imagine they’d have to work around is her magician skin’s arm as it’s made out of hard light, but they could just make it like a gold light instead of blue.

Leave the arm blue. Make the glove gold. Easy

she wouldn’t even need the whole arm for the other skins. Just some detail on her hand. The dragon and Oasis skin have darker parts that would look amazing gold.

Golden Snowball as well please :smiley:

Mei has no victory poses with her golden gun. This is stated in the OP.

3 highlight intros. Hopefuly, one of them is what you desire.

1 Like

i’m hopeful but i’m not going to hold my breathe