Please dont go 1-2-2

Yep. This. I’m sorry but 7v7 would be way too chaotic. No way.

3 Likes

It’s true. There was a some stuff shown that has been confirmed won’t be in the game already.

The PvE Soldier build for example. It was already taken out because it was deemed too OP, but they decided to keep it in the presentation because it demonstrated the kinds of changes the PvE skill trees would bring so well.

Perhaps they just took clips from an internal 5v5 test because they were cleaner and easier to watch, not because it’s the intended final product.

Hopefully with Jeff promising to break the silence, we can get confirmation/denial on this whole thing soon.

2 Likes

Youre assuming they cant optimize the game for that. Of course i only would want that if the performance isnt suffering.

This - people think there are “meta problems” now, wait till one tank if it happens is the norm, it will always be gimmeh da best tank or report u nonsense. Not to mention the game felt like death-match with the inconvenience of objectives with 1-3-2.

3 Likes

True, I’m not enthused about 1-2-2, but 7v7 is not a better solution.

2 Likes

I think if the kits were simpler it might work. I am generally for more complexity in things, not less in terms of game play. I feel like 2-3-2 offers enough complexity that stiff metas are harder to come by. 5v5 is the opposite and just makes stiff metas more likely, not less.

2 Likes

This is why we need 9v9, 3-3-3 to keep the roles equal. Or better yet: 15v15, 5-5-5. We have so many hero choices in the menu, now we need more of them on the field!

My question will be:

• Why would anyone go D.Va?

Many people would pick Zarya, and she’s more popular than D.Va. D.Va will be hard countered with 1-2-2 unless they make her like the 1-3-2 version.

2 Likes

If it goes down to 1-2-2 shenanigans I’m definitely quitting the role, smh

4 Likes

I most likely will quit tanking and I spend half my time on it now. Probably full on Support/DPS then.

I have said for a long time that Blizzard is more than willing to sacrifice half the tank players in the game, I may be proven right.

1 Like

Tank Main since beta here and if they decide to go 1/2/2 or 1/3/2 I will be gone and they can put their OW2 where the sun doesn’t shine.

You literally couldn’t play Tank with any of your other Tank Main friends in duo Q anymore, everyone will be pestering you to pick that 1 META Tank even more than now and all of the cool Tank synergies would be gone for good.

1 Like

why would they make it 1-2-2 and

every game is dps diff tanks get melted lmao

Will with the fundamental job of tanks changing to be more of a brawler, they may have found that with 2 large dps characters and 2 low dps characters the game felt too fast.

By removing a tank, you would not only make tank more desirable with the brawler changes, you would decrease queue times. and on top of this the two supports can keep up with the general healing when a whole damage and healing source is lost, healing can not only be more concentrated but there’s less damage to go around.

The big issue with 1-3-2 was that you could have triple flanker compositions and such. but with 1-2-2 you still have the restrictive 2 dps slots. This way the supports can defend themselves successfully. and while they may be priority targets, any loss to the enemy team would be quite severe due to having 5 players and making team fights cleaner.

I think it would be quite fun personally and if we are getting brawlers instead of tanks I think that reducing the number of damage sources on the field is almost crucial.

Tanks would need to be mega buffed for that to work. And 5 people just sounds stupid and odd to me, it would have to be a different mode maybe in the arcade, and they need different Balancing.

Not necessarily true with regards to healing. Double-barrier strategies has proven this.

Additionally, by leaving only one-tank per team you’re putting enormous of weight on Tank-role. Again, this will lead to issues with Tanks being too powerful and too dominating to determine the metagame. Further, by placing so much weight on the Tank-role, you’re further increasing dependency on that role to do it’s job and failure of it can mean that the rest of the team cannot function.

1 Like

1-2-2 look more just showcased OW2 more than it actually possibly be implemented. I hope

Apparently a lot of games are in that format. It just dumbs down OW into more pew-pew-pew kill-the-tank play… fun for DPS, a bore for everyone else.

not in the current meta at all, if thats what ur saying

I think shielding dumbs the game more. Devalues positioning, because why would you when you have a big blue rectangle in your face. People need to learn how to position, sane reason why so many people like Reinhardt on their team more than any other tank.

3 Likes

Agreed - OTOH, I think we want more than just peek all the time, its a balance.

1 Like