Please dont ban reaper!

Hey Blizzard, I wont spend to much time letting you know what I feel as the tittle sums it up. I believe 3 years ag I refused to play this game, even though my friend who stayed with me constantly told me to try. One day i finally decided to watch him play. He played as tracer and I thought the game looked cool. He let me play and the very first time i saw Reaper I knew I wanted to master him as a character. Since then I have spent a great deal of time mastering him, (even one tricking him for years) in every level and currently 50 sr away from taking the 500th spot in the dmg role. I would be devastated, and I believe with him being a og hero you wouldn’t ban him. PLEASE DONT BAN REAPER! Being the top Reaper has been my goal ever since I played, a lot of my time would have been in vain. Thanks, this is my first forum ever. Goodnight everyone

2 Likes

They’re not going to ban Reaper. Even if Reaper ended up dying in the Overwatch story or something, you’d still be able to play him.

just watched the latest youroverwtch video/ he got me scared. He obviously hates Reaper

2 Likes

Bans aren’t coming, take a look at the blizzard comment here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/facts-rumors-discussion-of-hero-bans-updated/449559/66?u=znemerald-1945

Many on a certain video site have nothing new to talk about (news have been slow to be fair to them) so they jut blew the topic up and keep milking it over and over.

3 Likes

I’m guessing the video was speculating on the recent rumors about a “ban” feature. Jeff Kaplan, the Game Director for Overwatch, clarified that those rumors are false earlier this evening, so nothing to worry about.

certaintly made me feel better. thank you

1 Like

That dude has had a Vendetta against Reaper for years. Back when he was trash. Reaper probably stole his wife or something, do not pay him too much mind.

3 Likes

man what, bro ive been noticing but his subs are good so I get mad when he spread that hate to others

Blizzard simply need to be on a 3 week patch cycle (PTR patch hits live every 3 weeks; 2 weeks of a patch on live & 1 week of a new patch on PTR) and really need to rethink how they balance.

Balancing a game like Overwatch involves:

• Looking at hero play and win rates and how they relate to each other
  • Looking at hero statistics and making well informed decisions based on math
  • Thinking about what role each hero should fill and balance appropriately to make each hero feel unique and have a good balance of stats for what that role is
  • Looking at player perception to help come up with ways one could re-balance a hero that is frustrating to play against

You don’t need hero bans if the meta is being shaken up at a healthy rate. If hero bans were to be implemented, OWL should be the only people who have it. Only OWL has the level of coordination and knowledge prep to take advantage of hero bans. OWL players are almost always locked into a meta whereas your typical Overwatch player plays what hero they think is best for the particular situation or plays one of their comfort picks. I feel like hero bans would be a waste of time for non-OWL players.

1 Like

Even if hero bans ever did become a thing, heroes are just banned for one game.

i dont really have a good sense with knowing who needs nerfs and buffs. but this patch is the 2nd best for comp ive experienced so far. execellent shield nerfs and huge immortality nerf . maybe over did the field a bit if im being unbiased