Please dont 2-2-2

Good points on all accounts.

Teamfinder was often full of needy players who were looking to get carried from what Ive seen. Ive always had terrible luck on that at least so Ive avoided it like the plauge.

As for the percentage of players that approve of this change, you provided good evidence that I was wrong on the “small percentage part”. Ive even seen this supported on the forums. However, I still feel that blizz has been making mixed up balancing decisions to bring us to this point. Which leads us to the last point, future heroes may have been able to create different balance points making 2-2-2 not so necessary. I am a Tank main, I love playing rien, but I feel 2-2-2 EVERY game will extremely bland and it will wear on the player base sooner than later.

1 Like

Judging from LFG, support roles fill up quicker than you think. I actually find in the LFG system, “flex” and “support” roles fill up real, real fast (flex usually dabble in off-heroes like mei/sym/torb). Surprisingly DPS not so much… my hypothesis is that DPS players just soloq…

It is also (in my experiemce) generally ypu have people who dont play DPS pick DPS slots in LFG. Basically, DPS players avpid LFG so ypu get terrible DPS fills in LFG ehich is why i do,lnt use it anymore

1 Like

Dps always fills first for me, shield tank is hardest for me but me and my bro play good Reins so usually we wait 3 mins for a full team at endorsement 2.

If they force 2-2-2, every match will be waiting on tank players. For dps I don’t know how it could possibly be a remotely reasonable wait.

Imagine if for every 10 players who queue (within your SR range), 6 are dps, 3 are support, and 1 is tank. Let’s say this happens every 30 seconds. Every minute, 1 match is created while 10 dps players and 4 support players are added to the queue waiting for tanks. After 10 minutes, 100 dps players are in the queue, and a new player joining would be facing a ridiculous hour-long wait.

Of course I just made these numbers up and it probably won’t be that bad, but that’s the queue dynamic we’re talking about. Nobody wants to play tank. It isn’t fun. Forcing 2-2-2 isn’t going to make it fun. The only thing that will drive people to queue as tank is the unacceptable queue times they will face for other roles. Instead of 4 dps per game you’re going to have 2 dps players begrudgingly playing tank. I really don’t see how this is an improvement.

1 Like

I have 3+ minutes in soloq (almost universally before the queue changes, and regularly even now). 6-stacks are 7-10 minutes at peak hours, 10-20 minutes in the dead of the night.

It depends on your rank, your region, and the time of day what you actually get. LFG isn’t completely dead at all ranks, regions, and times of day… but it’s a pretty bad experience at many of them. And, of course, for very high ranked players it’s not even an option since 6-stacking isn’t allowed. Not that they were using it before anyway - because of the smaller playerbase at the edges of the ladder, LFG is particularly bad at the highest and lowest ranks.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, Kaladin: The stats prove that playing 3 tanks, 3 supports, or 3 dps will, statistically, result in more losses than wins when compared to 2-2-2 comps. Even if the differences were say, 53% win rate for 2-2-2 and 47% for 3-3, or 3-2-1, when playing in solo or 2 or maybe 3-man competitive, I don’t want to give the other random and sometimes stubborn players the option to make bad choices.

Either that or let me have unlimited lists that I can add people to where every time I don’t like how someone plays, I can add them to my, “don’t ever put me on a team with that player again list”, alongside a, “please put me on a team with that player more often” list.

Competitive is there to BE competitive. I don’t want to lose. Competition is about winning, otherwise there are a dozen other game types to play. What’s wrong with Quick Play? It’s a lot of fun. I play QP to train up or just mess around without worrying about working as a team, playing counters, or caring if I do well or win.

Why on earth would you want to play in a game type that specializes in pushing yourself to win as often as physically possible, then ask for the option to not only personally make, but allows your random teammates to also make poor choices?

1 Like

I get that being the only tank or the only healer sucks, but with certain combos it’s better.

Hammond + hog or Zarya is worse than just Hammond, for example.

Here’s the thing though:
If 2-2-2 comps win 51% of the time, and 3-3, or 3-2-1 comps win 49% of the time, then I don’t want to experiment. I want the best possible outcome.

This is why I play the heroes I have the highest win rates on. It makes no sense for me to play heroes I don’t play well, even if they’re counters. I will always switch when needed, but only to heroes I know I can play. I can’t play them all. Nobody with a life outside of gaming can. It just isn’t feasible.

It’s not like role-lock would prevent anyone from playing other roles than they normally do, just choose something else. Simple, huh?

Like I do enjoy playing both tank and support every now and then and when I feel like doing so I just fill the next game. No rocket science required and until then I just click 4heads with DPS while thinking about how an amazing animated music video of that wrecking ball song one could make with hammond and mercy.

I came in like a wrecking ball
I never hit so hard in love
All I wanted was to break your walls
All you ever did was break me
Yeah, you wreck me

I put you high up in the sky
And now, you’re not coming down
It slowly turned, you let me burn
And now, we’re ashes on the ground

Don’t you ever say I just walked away
I will always want you
I can’t live a lie, running for my life
I will always want you

The lyrics really capture that feeling you get when your mercy abandons you and never give you any pocket love no matter how hard you try. :sob:
And I guess mercys who play with hamsters that run away from them making their job impossible feel the same way, those hamsters aint me though. :confused:

Except 2-2-2 is how the game was originally designed and is the optimal team composition that heroes are balanced around.

Good on Blizzard for implementing this change so that they can finally present the game to the community in they way they originally intended.

If you find it offensive then there’s plenty of other games you can play.

1 Like

I don’t like forced 2-2-2 either why can’t we have three DPS it’s not that bad I don’t want to go into a game and be forced to play something because everything is fking locked what if I just want to flex now I can’t i honestly hate 2-2-2. And if it becomes forced I think I’m just going to quit

1 Like

after a string of games last night where it would have been easier to convince a bunch of geeks to sign up for the armed forces than play any kind of healer, I’m all for 2-2-2

2 Likes

Do they? In what time periods and what ranks? I’m pretty sure GOATS had a great track record in high GM for quite awhile (it’s hard now though).

Currently, I really feel that 3dps, 2support, 1tank is the strongest team comp at most ranks. It’s really powerful at low rank, certainly, and GM players have told me it is also powerful at high rank (although orisa/hog comps have since become very common so that may be outdated).

In any case, there’s no guarantee that 2-2-2 is always the strongest comp. That’s not the point of a 2-2-2 lock at all.

Reasons for 2-2-2 locked role queue:

• Blizzard research finds that players dislike solo healing or solo tanking.
  • With all comps available, heroes need to be nerfed down to reasonable in their strongest comps, e.g. the nerfing of certain supports and tanks to reduce the power of goats. With 2-2-2, all heroes are balanced for the same team comp ratio that is the only one played.
  • Role queue allow more accurate, per-role SR.
  • Role queue allows players to play what they want, not what fits the team comp.

Not reasons for 2-2-2:

• 2-2-2 is the strongest comp. (Maybe, sometimes, not guaranteed, and not a reason.)
  • Higher win rate (That’s not how this works, that’s not how any of this works.)
  • Eliminating troll picks (Not prevented. May be reduced since there won’t be 3-4 insta-lock DPS creating rage before the game even starts, but that’s a small percentage of reasons to troll and purely hypothetical. Certainly not a strong enough effect, if any, to motivate implementing 2-2-2.)
  • Reducing player toxicity (Does having all the roles filled make players feel better about their team comp, or is the inability to switch to cover a poor performer rage inducing? Per-role SR should make people more competent in their roles and reduce poor performance, but is that enough? The jury is out on this one.)

I do support 2-2-2 and think that it will provide a better competitive environment with everyone ranked for the role they are playing, and most if not all queuing specifically for the role they are playing (it’s unknown at this time if there will be a ‘fill’ queue).

It will not, however, give you a stronger team relative to your opponents on average, nor give you a better chance of winning on average. It will just provide a more structured, more consistent framework within which to compete.

3 Likes

In wow i saw the que time argument with more reasons behind it.

You know in wow you need gear and kills to show off.
In ow its always only skill/coordination depending.

Which doesn’t give you a direct rewards for shorter ques.

Except you play more.

But as a Dps main I love role q.
having to insta lock dps to be allowed to play it isn’t healthy.
I rather fill a good dps pick based on the comp.

My fear currently in comp is that I que and get 4 dps asking me to tank. :sweat_smile:

While my skill on tank is terrible and utterly garbage. And i don’t want to play a bad tank in performance based sr…

I’m pretty sure I’m not playing with high plat tanks, probably a high plat projectile main who flexed onto his decent tank.

Bc either i have a wrong picture or they are like me, not really tank players.

Just pretend not to hear/see what’s being said. Don’t admit to having a mic until after roles are settled. Nothing a DPS main says during hero select is ever beneficial.

The only exception maybe is if you think you can slide into a competent support role instead of a bad tank role by speaking up if you’re resigned to switching.

Well, in any case, you only have to deal with this problem for a few more weeks.

Dude wth. You should be one who want this because they overpowered some heroes to be more effective against 3 3 comp. And really punished by this are people lowest who cant deal with reaper. This would never happen with forced 2 2 2 because in that case iis much more esy to balance heroes in that for devs.

I never talk.
I just feel bad to choose a 4. Dps even if its my only decent pick.
But with role q.
I can freely que for comp.

Lets say you will go searching game as dpd with checking option that you will be placed as supp or tank role if you dont find game in 3 minutes. If you play tank or support role, game will give you higher chance to play dps in next search. That could work pretty well. Dont you think?

If blizzard was listening to pros, the game would have been 2/2/2 1 year ago, and
Brigitte would never have been created.