Please delete this topic

Please delete this topic

1 Like

Here is how, they change the system for gaining SR to ā€œindividualā€ and get away from ā€œTeamā€. Because there are rarely teams in this game iā€™m fighting 11 other people.

10 Likes

Overwatch comp is a joke. The only thing to matchmake rn is SR, which some people has the SR without the skills they should have for some reason.

3 Likes

You Think you are the only one who get bad teamate ?

I could get your account out of gold in a couple hours. You dont cause you are not good enough

1 Like
3 Likes

they need a new system. i have good and bad games. some games i play out of my skin. others im beyond trash. you canā€™t put a number on that.

1 Like

I know the question wasnā€™t to me but I would simply bring enough of value by myself to carry it. Enemy team has the same amount of bad players as your team. The only thing that is stopping you from climbing is yourself. I had plenty of throwers in my games too which screwed my wr and sr but I just have to keep grinding comp till I fix it.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s like that for everyone but there should still be some kind of minimum standard of gameplay in each elo, like you normally see in other games. Particularly when it comes to decision making and game sense. Sadly, I donā€™t think you really start to see that until high plat or so but even then it will still keep putting you in games with actual golds and silvers sometimes.

1 Like

Bad teammates are going to make you lose matches, but they are not going to prevent you from climbing. If you get tilted then do what ever makes you feel calm (i.e. make a cup of tea, kill a bunch of bots in the range, pet a cat, keep playing with angry music on) and come back when you feel better. Being frustrated is part of learning something hard and challenging yourself. Take care of yourself and donā€™t let tilt bleed over into your interactions with other people.

I see you play a lot of Zen. If you keep playing Zen with the stats you have so far this season, then you are likely to climb. Your healing is 20% below average, but your damage stats all look great. Elims are up 17%, damage output is high and accuracy is looking shiny. That indicates that youā€™re aggressive, likely getting a lot of value out of discord orb, and that your weakness is really just in one spot (possibly positioning or just low harmony up time). So when you are worried about their team having the better dps, just try to remind yourself that your team has a scary Zen and thatā€™s worth more.

Also try to be a little understanding of stupid mistakes. Everyone is learning things at their own pace and itā€™s easy to assume your teammates should know all the same things you know. For example, if player A is really good at knowing how to combo things and player B is really good at positioning then both could easily think their teammate is worse than them. Player A will get frustrated that B doesnā€™t even know what a Hook/Halt Combo is and Player B will wonder why Player A still hasnā€™t grasped the concept of high ground. They donā€™t know what they donā€™t know so in their mind their team is objectively bad.

3 Likes

Doomfist, Hammond and Tracer should be the next ban list. The world needs more Zen players!

Have you tried picking up an Ana duo partner? Sleeping targets can be discorded and then alt fired on. Which is nearly enough to kill a full health Winston.

Edit: My math was off, it should be a bit over the amount needed to kill a full health Winston.

1 Like

Please delete this topic.

1 Like

Oh, I meant picking up a duo partner not playing her yourself. Though playing her is also very fun!

Congrats on the climb!

1 Like

This game is littered with people who refuse to learn and improve nowadays, the ones who did have stopped playing long ago. This gameā€™s competitive mode is certainly the worst handling of a gameā€™s competitive mode in the history of gaming.

Whatā€™s your real SR? Iā€™m curious? I have a lot of IRL friends in GM and two in T500 (one who is top 40 DPS).

Why do I ask your SR?? Because it does make a difference. In Silver/Gold/Plat, EVERYONE jumps at the opportunity to finger point.

Assuming youā€™re Diamond or above (esp. on DPS), youā€™ll see a significantly different behavior in everyone on your team (if theyā€™re actually ā€œjust silver/goldā€) because youā€™re literally doing all the hard work and all they have to do is press ā€œW.ā€

EVERYONE complains about Mei. Itā€™s unfortunate because personally I think sheā€™s not that hard (AT ALL) to out playā€¦

She definitely received a lot of nerfs but sheā€™s still very much the power house she was. I play Mei relatively often (by necessity really because she helps your tanks out a lot)

If I could offer a suggestion for Mei (in her current state) reload often!! Keep an eye on your ammo and DO NOT waste cryo!! You can block Rien shatters and save at least 2 teammates each time. I do it every time I play herā€¦

1 Like

This here is the solution. When your SR is based on win or loss, itā€™s easy to get really tilted and blame others, even when the fault is yours. Moving to individual SR will reduce toxicity across the board because 1) you wonā€™t upset too much because your SR at the end of the day, depends on your performance, 2) if you did bad, it shows.

I donā€™t think itā€™s worth upsetting about 2 games. It is true. You cannot be 4 players in one body to carry games solo.

In my experience, itā€™s important that you just keep playing and try to ignore that frustration as much as possible. Your climb might be slow and gradual but itā€™s a climb after all.

Maybe, even if your team is super bad, try to follow them, even if it doesnā€™t make sense what they are doing. Yeah, in some games, you can just try to follow 1 or 2 guys with brain and that is something.

1 Like

Itā€™s just so sad that often times my team struggles to kill a single freaking Junkrat.

He got two 4k ults in one game on Kingsrow, I was on the verge of starting a rampage.

How do you guys play DPS for years and still canā€™t hit a single Junk as Ashe??

(Note Iā€™m more talking to myself rn)

I am boosting you, hoping that you will finally hit something and yet i never hear the hit sounds.

I heal and heal and heal and boost and res you, only to watch you failing to get a single pick. Not even Moth Mercy could have carried you.

I always have more than 15k healing and often times up to 10-12 resses per game with 1.3k damage amplified, what do you expect me to do?! I am doing my job, so why canā€™t you do yours???

Sorry, I had to get this off my chestā€¦

2 Likes

They are not constantly throwing, its just hard to see that your the same skill level as you as you cannot see yourself playing. Its easy to point out the mistakes of others when they are in front of you.

2 Likes

Yeah like every games you got 3 throwing teamate, sƻre mate.

Im saying it because i already did it to many people