Please add Ultra-wide monitor support

please add Ultra-wide monitor support, it’s 2019 after all and this is the only game I have installed that doesn’t fully support the format. Blizzard please do better to fix/support this option.

1 Like

They commented on this in the past:

We do not plan to increase the max FOV beyond 103, in any resolution. As a result, this doesn’t leave us with a lot of options for 21:9 support. I know this is not the answer our 21:9 players want to hear. But we feel like it would be unfair to 16:10 and 16:9 players if 21:9 gave a substantial FOV advantage.

source: Overwatch Forums

If you want to encourage them to do something else, I recommend posting in General, as this forum is for troubleshooting.

1 Like

Are there any plans of capping FPS? I have and 60hz monitor like most people and I find it absolutely unfair that people play at 140hz-240hz have and sustancial advantage over me. Please do it to “keep it fair for everyone”.

Keep in mind Overwatch its literally the only multiplayer game that I have that doesn’t want to fully support 21:9 screens, every developer should do the same, limit to 16:9 and cap FPS max at 60, as every gamer deserves. Keep it up Blizz.

3 Likes

Increasing FPS is still very beneficial to people using a lower hz monitor. It’s a smoother experience with less input lag. I play at 250-300fps on a 75hz monitor and it’s way better than playing at 75fps.

did that already, 0 cares were given. starting to think blizzard is not actually listening to the players

1 Like

The FOV (field of view) is not in any way a question. Cropping the image that a ultrawide screen outputs, is however the issue.
Using an ultrawide of example 3440x1440 instead of a 2560x1440 widescreen. yields a narrower image ,showing a significant reduction in the ultrawide option (about 35% reduced vision). because the screen is cropped, the playing field is not equal. if the fair / unfair is even a question. perhaps reducing the field of vision for some players, is not the path to go…A FOV 103 would be nice on ultrawide. so good luck with implementing that…. if you dont understand how the reduction is viewed…… the reduction is not as much horizontal. its cropped diagonaly, mostly… so the substantial FOV advantage mentioned is very much a thing, just in the exact reverse meaning as you mentioned…

1 Like

Thanks for elaborating on the issue for me, but I was quoting a developer’s post, those were not my words. I strongly encourage you to add your feedback to the General forum, since that is where developers will see it.

Aye, the technical support forum isn’t the forum for submitting suggestions. Nicole’s linked to our official stance on this. Anything else should be sent to General Discussion.

Since this is not about a technical issue, locking this thread up.