Please add queue shortcutting for "shutdown" competitive games

If the developers hear me can you guys please add a queue shortcut for people who have their competitive game cancelled in the first few minutes due to a leaver?

DPS queue is insanely frustrating when you wait 5-10 minutes and then the game is cancelled and you have to wait another 5-10 minutes. League of Legends and Dota 2 both have this kind of system in place because they recognize that sitting in line to play a game is not a fun experience.

3 Likes

Having a game cancelled and waiting in line again is just as much fun as playing with forced 2/2/2. So what’s the problem?

1 Like

OP brings up a great point. You’re just crying about something for the sake of attention.

So here’s your attention. You can move on.

2 Likes

OP Is just crying about the ramifications of a feature he probably supports.

Enjoy the wait, it’s what you asked for.

You should not make assumptions about people. I didn’t want role queue for competitive. I did want role lock, draft, or just something other than GOATS for OWL but that’s neither here nor there. Even if I did want role queue that would be irrelevant. Before role queue there was still the same problem; especially for people who were in parties of 3-5 players.

It’s a simple concept and even amusement parks get it right. If you wait in line for a ride and it breaks before you get to see it or while you’re on it they give you a pass to come back later and skip the regular line. If you wait in line for an Overwatch game you shouldn’t have to wait in line a second time if you didn’t even get 2 minutes into the prior one.

No this isn’t the ramifications of 2/2/2 it is not that difficult to give people a priority queue after their match has been cancelled. I’ve been entered into a game that was 5v6 and it was instantly cancelled. It is a possible feature and role queue is new so there’s no reason to think it cannot be added. Lighten up!

1 Like

I’m not saying that feature is impossible to add. I’m saying the whole purpose of implementing 2/2/2 is to make the game less fun. So why would they try to improve it by reducing wait times when you get a leaver? It makes no sense. Waiting in line is just as fun as playing another boring forced 2/2/2 anyway.

1 Like

Interesting theory. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/role-queue-update/

100% agree. Sucks to sit in a 13 min queue, get cancelled, and sit in another 10+ min queue.

One of my accounts is from the Asia region and I guess the rules there force a reminder to pop up every 1 hour you play and earlier that icon popped up after I had only gotten 1 game in. Sad.

Yep. Still a continual problem.