Pleas remove lucio

As a healer. He is a throw pick and normally just tries to do reddit things. Put me into the dps category

2 Likes

Healers dont exist.

Its called support.
There are different ways to support your Team
besides healing them.

44 Likes

Well when the team is lacking healing and the lucio isnt even healingā€¦ yeah they are healersā€¦

But ok lets just remove the ability to heal all together and rework the whole game. I am sorry mate Supports are HEALERS

1 Like

what team does not do IS
staying behind wall in safety, to regen barriers.
besides if you move fast, you get hit less AND you waste less shiled to come from point A to point B
it is not fault of Lucio if tanks in 5 years didnt uderstand a simple concept of pathing

4 Likes

Or if you believe that you dont get enough healing switch to a hero that is self sufficient.

Like tracer, soldier, sombra, hog, hammond, etc.

2 Likes

So you want to redefine an entire role & remove a hero from the game because low-rank players donā€™t understand how to play him effectively?

And people wonder why the devs donā€™t balance the game around ladder playersā€¦

9 Likes

Maybe not in OW2, but OW1 has definitely proven that Supports ARE Healers. Every single support has some kind of healing capability, and the one that didnā€™t got moved to the dps category.

1 Like

Dev team should balance around no one.

OWL/GM/masters all have biased balance discussions.

So not good to balance around that aswell.

1 Like

Ok, he will be removed from the game tonight at 1800Z :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nooo not my poor Lucio my 2nd main support main besides zen.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, but forum user GrumpyKitten wants him removed :confused:

5 Likes

:triumph:

(20characters needed)

3 Likes

I want Lucio removed just so I donā€™t have to play him ever again. I HATE him so muchā€¦ Iā€™d rather play any other support before even touching himā€¦

1 Like

Lucio is my 2nd least played support (First Zen)

I kinda wish I was good with him, but Iā€™ve never put in the time to learn him properly lol

Is he a must pick in Masters for you?

1 Like

Not so much in masters, but he was when I played in amateur tournaments. Especially when I played during Goatsā€¦ I literally wasnā€™t allowed to play anything but Lucio and Iā€™m pretty sure that gave me Tinnitus.

2 Likes

Yā€™all just hate supports doing anything lmao.

I cant count how many times a Lucio has saved the team with a well thought out play. Yā€™all just want supports to be pure healbots.

11 Likes

Supports are not just healers, though the do obviously have the ability (and responsibility) to heal to an extent. The question though is always about value; is it better to just heal someone, than do damage or some other effect? The rule of thumb is that the lower tier you are, the more time you spend healing because you probably cannot make plays etc doing other things, but thatā€™s the paradox; to climb you must do other things than just heal-bot because otherwise all you are doing is reinforcing players on both teams who are doing nothing different.

I will say Lucio players have appropriated the term ā€œReddit-Lucioā€ to justify their actions which are often selfish. Such is the nature of cultural appropriation usually.

Nobody cares if Lucio can make us run faster, or if lucio can make us smile or if lucio can increase the morale on our team. ā€œWe need a support HEALā€ simple as that.

The DPS Lucios are trolls deserve to be reported every single time for gameplay sabotage. They make us lose games dps lucios have less than 20% win rate. The good DPS lucios ā€œAttack a bit then go back to heal the teamā€ they are not permanently dpsing

Redshell and DSPStanky would like a word with youā€¦ Lol both were T500 Lucioā€™s who pretty much never healed or supported their team. They were basically the inventors of Reddit Lucio.

I versed Redshell multiple times in comp back when I played comp and he was quite literally always flanking and nowhere near his team, would solo Beat himself, etc.

This is why I prefer to watch top-tier pro Lucios like FunnyAstro, Masaa, ANJ, etc. to learn Lucio gameplay. They know when itā€™s good to play aggro and when itā€™s best to hang back with the team, and when not to play Lucio (which is basically 3/4s of the time because he sucks rn).

Donā€™t get me wrong though, I love watching Reddit Lucios like Redshell and EchoFlex too.

3 Likes