PlayVig - fun reward app or banable program?

With Pursuit and Visor having been shut down by Blizzard a few months ago, I’m wondering if PlayVig might face the same issue as well.

What is PlayVig?
It’s an App that you run during your matches in OW and gives no advantage whatsoever. The App allows you to select Quest or Leaderboard Competitions such as “Win a Game of Quick Play” or “Have most Golden Medals in Comp in timeframe x” It also has you watch an Advertisement before the round… once you watched it you can hop into the Game and the App minimizes into a small V Button that turns green if it detects an ongoing match… thats all it does. If you manage to succeed in your task the app will reward you with VigCoins that you can save up to buy giftcards and stuff.

I personally think the App should be no issue since it doesn’t give any ingame advantage whatsoever… yet this was the same with Pursuit…
So I want to ask, preferably someone from Blizzard, wether or not PlayVig is allowed to use in connection to Overwatch?

I can see no reason you couldn’t run that or Pursuit for that matter.

Bliz just banned us both on all accounts btw.

The main problem with Pursuit was the fact that it collected in-game data and submitted it to a cloud service that could do unseen real-time analysis on it. In other words, it’s a problem if a program could be cheating without Overwatch being able to detect it, even if it isn’t actually doing so.

I don’t know anything about this PlayVig program beyond the description you provided, so I can’t say whether it would cause a similar problem.

This app sounds identical to Pursuit which Blizzard properly banned last Fall. Learn more here:

True… I’m personally not sure either… well otherwise I wouldn’t have made this thread after all…
From what I have seen trying it out over the last two days it might check out gameplay, but it also might not. After all … .all it really checks is Gamemode, Win?, Medals?. At least as far as I know… that’s why I’d like someone on the Blizzard team to see this and clarify…

So… this means it is no good to use?
After all something like

To be honest… It doesn’t really apply to PlayVig as it overall doesn’t offer any Information to the user at all. Like really outside of “You Won” there isn’t even anything after the match like it is with Pursuit.

I understand your hesitation, but it really enters too much of a gray area based on what we know of Blizzard’s expectations when it comes to how third-party programs interact with Blizzard’s software.

As a forum MVP, I am going to caution everyone right here and now that you should NOT attempt to install or use this program. I don’t speak for Blizzard, but I believe based on your description it’s close enough to violate the End User License Agreement and the Blizzard Code-of-Conduct.

Honestly ANY program that you have to simultaneously run beside Overwatch for it to work is a 3rd party program and probably not a good idea

Is there a way however… a more direct line so to speak to get a definitve Answer?
Customer Support, stuff like that… that one could ask about it? It would be a shame if the people aready using it and not taking note of this post would end up getting banned over it… just as I assume some Pursuit users have been.